Sapp and Thomas Jones become FAs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sapp and Thomas Jones become FAs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sapp and Thomas Jones become FAs

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:54 pm

The News
Tampa Bay general manager Bruce Allen said on Friday that the Bucs will not be able to resign free agent running back Thomas Jones or defensive tackle Warren Sapp before the open market begins on Wednesday. "The grass isn't always greener on the other side," Allen told the St. Petersburg Times. "A lot of players don't want to leave a specific locker they've had. It's a frightening time for some because they are afraid the telephone will not ring."
Our View
Despite his statement, you can bet the phone will be ringing for Jones and Sapp. Allen admitted to the fact that there's a strong chance that both Jones and Sapp will receive generous offers from other teams. Jones reportedly is seeking a deal in the neighborhood of $3 million per season and may get that from running back-starved teams such as the Cowboys or Bears. Chicago's new head coach Lovie Smith also worked with Sapp in his prime in Tampa Bay. The Colts (with former head coach Tony Dungy) and the Ravens are also possible destinations for Sapp.

Thomas Jones might work out in Dallas. He's definitely the style of RB Parcells would like. Then again, he's sucked for the two teams he's played for so who knows. I guess this opens the door for Charlie Garner to come to Tampa as the featured back.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:00 pm

Hopefully Garner goes to TB and becomes the starter. I took him 8th round of a dynasty draft. ;-D

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:15 pm

Doubtful Garner will go to TB, assuming he isn't a raider in 04'.

I just don't think Allen/Gruden like him half as much as the Media may lead us to believe.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canacuna » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:30 pm

I'd be surprised if Thomas Jones finds someone to give him $3 million a year, plus a decent signing bonus like he's asking for. I could see him coming back to Tampa for a smaller pricetag - unless Garner goes there first.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:40 pm

I think Thomas Jones in Dallas would make a very nice fit.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk