Where's Dillon Going? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where's Dillon Going?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:30 pm

I can really see him in Oakland or Tampa. That just feels right for him. He would be a good fit in those two systems. I've heard that the Bucs are having a hard time getting Thomas Jones to a contract b/c he wants 3 million per year. I don't think so Thomas. Pittman is going to jail and Alstott neck is really bad. Tampa wants that running game to work. Make a little sense.

Oakland has Fargas and Wheatly. Charlie Garner bought out his last year on his contract and is now a FA. So that is possible also.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:58 pm

It's pretty obvious that teams are waiting for Wenesday to see where Shawn Bryson ends up, then the lesser RBs should fall like dominoes.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cowboys or Giants try for him to keep up with the Skins upgrade. Would be a nice fit in Pittsburgh. The Chin needs to get the running game in gear to open up their passing game. Dillon could do that if he has any gas left. He has carried the ball a lot in his career and it could be taking it's toll.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:03 pm

moochman wrote:It's pretty obvious that teams are waiting for Wenesday to see where Shawn Bryson ends up, then the lesser RBs should fall like dominoes.

Other teams actually care where Shawn Bryson ends up? I didn't know he was such a hot commodity FA. I'm curious if anyone will offer Buckhalter a contract since he's a RFA. I really thought Dallas would make an attempt to sign him away from Philly.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:03 pm

That Bryson is such a non-entity is what was supposed to make that humorous.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:08 pm

moochman wrote:That Bryson is such a non-entity is what was supposed to make that humorous.

I had a feeling you were joking, but you never know with some teams. I thought you might have had some insider info on Shawn Bryson's FA. The one game I saw him (against Green Bay on turkey Day), he looked pretty good to me.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:12 pm

About pitt: no we dont have a ton of money but we are releasing 4, maybe 5 players who cost some wasted money. they are looking at the draft as ive heard like arlo said and ive heard they will take kevin jones then a QB like rivers in the 2nd rnd. then they have signed CB terry fair and i think they are still looking at CBs...but they wont have much money as of now
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby V-unit » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:29 pm

I say Dillion will go to Philly cuz they cannot afford T.Owens.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DUKE » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:09 pm

V-unit wrote:I say Dillion will go to Philly cuz they cannot afford T.Owens.

What about the two running backs that they currently have....(excluding Staley b/c of the obvious)
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Canacuna » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:17 pm

DUKE wrote:
V-unit wrote:I say Dillion will go to Philly cuz they cannot afford T.Owens.

What about the two running backs that they currently have....(excluding Staley b/c of the obvious)

Based on that, it seems if someone has money to throw around, it doesn't matter who it is spent on - so long as it is spent.

...I could see Dillon in Philly IF someone signs Correll Buckhalter. Even then, I think they could go with a couple of different players than Dillon.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:11 am

With Garner gone, Wheatley aging and Fargas unproven, I'd say Dillon would fit in nicely with Norv Turner's run friendly offense.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk