Randy Moss to be traded - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss to be traded

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:19 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
mannubhai wrote:I hope the Vikings do not trade Moss. The fans will never never forgive or forget.

Just wondering..what could Randy Moss value be..

I think Randy Moss can get just about any other player in the league... Except maybe LT2, Peyton Manning, and Mike Vick... Even Priest Holmes... I think the Chiefs would gladly take a young Moss over an old Holmes....

If you think KC would "gladly" trade Holmes for Moss I think your insane. Vermiel's offense doesn't work that way, and he was never a fan of me-me-me players in the first place.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:38 pm

well i guess hes going to washington too. :-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:42 pm

terpfan wrote:well i guess hes going to washington too. :-D

We'd be the Yankees of the NFL if there were no salary cap.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:44 pm

KingGhidra wrote:

stupid salary cap :-[

;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:59 pm

Daniel Snyder will find away around that blasted salary cap if it means landing Randy Moss - forget about having an all-around good team. He will make his money off of merchandise sales.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby DUKE » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:04 pm

KingGhidra wrote:

Yeah, if one team had to be compared to a football version of the Yanks, it would definitely be the Skins. It's crazy that with a salary cap, they are seemingly making very big moves every year....and then you bring Joe Gibbs back...Skins fans are still buzzin' from that one :-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:06 am

DUKE wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

Skins fans are still buzzin' from that one :-D

I had to change my underwear and bedsheets twice when I heard the news.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dihall » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:02 am

I have to put my two cents worth in here. I have to agree with some of you...IT IS A BUSINESS. If it gets them something that they deem better, they will do it. Not that I think it will, but his trade value would be huge I would think. Besides, Moss has had his share of onfield "distractions" this past year. He doesn't really seem all that happy there anyway. JMO. Second of all, Tice is an a@# and I sometimes wonder how he is an NFL coach. I wonder about his credibility and if he even knows what he is doing. It seems odd that he has let Moss' problems off field in the past year or so, the parking ticket lady incident, slide as well as his lack of desire to produce in occasional games this year and then trade him. He wouldn't even bench the guy, why trade him? Maybe it his easy way out...or so he thinks. I'm sure they could get great trade value for Moss and what exactly are they defending from this year, their season wasn't exactly stellar. Maybe it is time for a change of pace. My personal opinion would be to get rid of Tice, but obviously that isn't going to happen, at least not today. :-) Just one gal's opinion.
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:48 am

dihall wrote:I have to put my two cents worth in here. I have to agree with some of you...IT IS A BUSINESS. If it gets them something that they deem better, they will do it. Not that I think it will, but his trade value would be huge I would think. Besides, Moss has had his share of onfield "distractions" this past year. He doesn't really seem all that happy there anyway. JMO. Second of all, Tice is an a@# and I sometimes wonder how he is an NFL coach. I wonder about his credibility and if he even knows what he is doing. It seems odd that he has let Moss' problems off field in the past year or so, the parking ticket lady incident, slide as well as his lack of desire to produce in occasional games this year and then trade him. He wouldn't even bench the guy, why trade him? Maybe it his easy way out...or so he thinks. I'm sure they could get great trade value for Moss and what exactly are they defending from this year, their season wasn't exactly stellar. Maybe it is time for a change of pace. My personal opinion would be to get rid of Tice, but obviously that isn't going to happen, at least not today. :-) Just one gal's opinion.

I would agree with you but there is one thing that stands out in my mind. IMO if Tice was the only problem there they would fire him before they would trade Moss. Moss is one of the best WRs in the game (in my mind the best) and make or break any single game. Moss is the heart of our offense. Look at all the QBs he has made better. I think Daunte is good but would he be as good without Moss? I seriously doubt it. Moss put up awesome stats with many different QBs and made them better. In my mind a great player is also one who makes the other players on his team better. Moss does that. I think they would rather get rid of our coach who has had two posing seasons than trade our best player. Maybe I am wrong, maybe the Vikings management has a wierd attachement to Tice, but it wouldn't make sense to me that if Tice is the only thing Moss doesn't like they wouldn't fire him to please him. I can give you reasons why it would be dumb to trade him farther than that. 1, the only thing the Vikes really are in need of is a number one CB and a DE. Both of those are available in Free Agency. Troy Vincent has already said taht he wants to play for the Vikes and he is a very good CB and is a vet that can help develop our young guys. As far as DE, there are plenty, Kearse, Ogunleye, Wistrom, and others. I know Kearse and Ogunleye will probably get the bigger contracts but if we could sign Wistrom our our Line would have a great improvement. You gotta believe that Hovan will return to 02 form eventually and more help on the line would definitely help. 2, we have no other WRs capable of being a number one. We are already talking about signing a guy to be a number two so if we don't have a good number two WR then how bad do you think those guys would be at number one? The only WRs on the market right now are Keyshawn and TO, and both of those IMO are worse attitude wise than Moss is. I see no reason to trade Moss at all. Fire the whole management if you have to. Make the freak happy. We have 20 million dollars that we aren't going to spend anywhere else, give him a huge contract and make it impossible to trade him because nobody can take his contract. (This isn't baseball)
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Purple_Pride » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:30 pm

im gonna close my eyes and begin to pray and i know that when i open my eyes all this Moss being traded nonsense will just go away. its all a dream, its all a dream, its all a......
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk