It's Official: Carson Palmer named the starter for Cincy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

It's Official: Carson Palmer named the starter for Cincy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:56 pm

Kitna never seems to get a fair shot, like ScreamingWeasel said. I've been a very big fan of him since his days at Central College and have enjoyed watching him come into the NFL. I also believed that he was the next big thing when he was given the Seahawks starting job. Holmgren never seemed to give him a chance, even when Kitna had one of the best first halves of a season I've seen during Holmgren's first season.

Jon Kitna or Brock Huard? Are you kidding me?!

Anyway, I've seen a lot of Carson Palmer because I'm a Pac-10 geek (go Cougs and Huskies!). He looked great in college, but I can't comment about how he looked during the NFL pre-season.

Had Kitna led Cinci to a 12-4 record rather than an 8-8 record, I'm sure he'd still be the starter. However, the Bengals still missed the playoffs and it's hard to sit the $11 million dollar man, who should boost ticket sales of those wanting to see their franchise QB in action.

...Bah, I don't know enough about this situation to really comment on it. I'm still a little upset about this because I own Chad Johnson in a keeper league...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:19 am

Canacuna wrote:because I'm a Pac-10 geek

ugh :-t
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:14 am

I don't know about this one... I mean, why mess with something "good?" Kitna was starting to tear it up in the second half of the season. He had a bad game at St. Louis and Baltimore, which kind of killed their chance of getting to the playoffs.

What if Palmer isn't ready yet? Just because he was a #1 pick doesn't mean he's going to be great out of the gate... But, if there's a time to put him out there, it would be the beginning of the year. If he shows good promise, stick with him. If he's not doing well, throw in "Mr. Replacement" Jon Kitna! I just hope an early season setback doesn't kill their chances for a playoff spot.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk