General FF question, all opinons appreciated. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

General FF question, all opinons appreciated.

Moderator: Football Moderators

General FF question, all opinons appreciated.

Postby Tribe-Fan » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:10 pm

I am a regular on the baseball side, but don't hold that against me.

My question is this...When do you really kick your season prep into high gear? I know you probably keep an eye on things all summer, as do I, but when do you start making lists, buying mags, really getting ready for the season?

Last season for example the season started on September 4th and 7th. This year the rumor is that it may get moved back a few weeks. I was just trying to get a read on when most people get geared up. August 1st?

Also, other then the cafe, what are your sources for information and when do they start churing out the info at a higher level?

Thanks to all that answer.

TF
Tribe-Fan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:29 pm

I seem to lose most of my friends and personal contacts around the time camps open, so I guess that must be when I start to get in gear for the season. By the 2nd exhibition game I must be in playing shape, as I won't even notice that I don't have any friends anymore!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby springfield atoms » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:27 pm

i personally follow it all year.

in our league (with 12 teams) we have 2-3 that really follow it on an almost daily basis year around. another 2-3 aren't that nuts, but do spend some time in the offseason.

the majority of the sane ones, as said above, really start looking hard at things 6 weeks to a month befor the season starts
geaux atoms!
homer jay simpson
springfield football atoms
springfield atoms
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Roseman » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:04 pm

The Monday after I get knock out of the playoffs!!!

Mags for football usually go on sale around june or july but I usually only buy them as a guide and to see how far off these so called experts really are.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:16 pm

i follow all year, but i REALLY read into it around mid july right before camps open and then i also start reading mags and i look up almost everything on the internet (sportsline, nfl.com, yahoo) and then everything else i get is when i sit around for 15 mins or so and watch ESPN news. ;-D
hope this helps
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby springfield atoms » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:47 pm

forgot to mention...

my top sources of news are

espn
kffl hot off the wire
profootball weekly
the sporting news fantasy player updates

also, subscribe to tsn mag an read it weekly
geaux atoms!
homer jay simpson
springfield football atoms
springfield atoms
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:03 am

It all depends on how you committed you are to fantasy football, I guess. I usually get really into it once the preseason starts; that's when I find a league to play in and start ranking players. There's always news to be had during the entire off-season, so one could conceivably start prepping after you are eliminated from your existing league!!!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bearbelly » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:20 pm

Year round focus on how you failed the season before is usually how it is for me. I like Pro Football Weekly for insight and there are many services on line such as this one that are good.
bearbelly
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk