Dennis Green Wants #1 Draft Pick... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dennis Green Wants #1 Draft Pick...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:24 am

Free Bagel wrote:Wow, am I missing something here, or was Davis not the guy the Cards took with a top 5 overall pick a few years ago?

If it was, then it's the guy I'm thinking of, and the Cards are just plain insane.

The Chargers would make out like a bandit here, wow, the possibilities are limitless.

i think that is the guy. like i said, great trade for the chargers.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UtopianHopes » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:47 am

Anyone think this could be a smokescreen?....I don't think they expect to win with Josh McCown in long terms stance. Despite what Dennis Green says, I doubt they would pass on Roethlisberger, QB, Miami of Ohio. Remember a few years ago, Cleveland Browns were hyping T.J. Duckett only to select William Green. I think cardinals are saying this to try and trick teams into not trading up and taking one of the quarterbacks away from them.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:57 pm

Can't be a smoke screen. If Green, or anyone else, played that game he would loose credibility in all future trade talks. Green is a stand up guy and knows the consequences for lying to get ahead. Al Davis I would expect that of.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:26 pm

i think this is a good move for both teams. recall 1998. Green gets his man named Randy Moss and Moss and company go to finish the season 15-1. Fitz spent time with the Vikes back when Dennis was the coach and worked persoanlly with Moss there. if Fitx can turn out to be Arizonas Moss and Boldin their CC then I think this is a good move. risky but worth it.

Friendliness: %

Postby Go Vikes » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:27 pm

That would be a great trade for SD.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mannubhai » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:48 pm

All the Cardinals had to do to get the first pick overall was to not make a 4-25 play in the last seconds of the game to eliminate Vikings from the playoffs.

Bad Karma for the Cardinals - will now have to sacrifice a lot to get that first pick overall. Marty should def take this trade.. If the Chargers want a WR , they will definetly get Williams of USC with the 3rd pick overall, who is pretty darn good.

Arizona - Fitzgerald
Oakland - Eli Manning
San Diego - Williams
New York Giants - Rothe...., the big QB.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Go Vikes » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:51 pm

mannubhai wrote:All the Cardinals had to do to get the first pick overall was to not make a 4-25 play in the last seconds of the game to eliminate Vikings from the playoffs.

:~( :~( :~( :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NFLknowitall » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:22 am

It is not as bad as you guys are making it out to be for Arizona.

Lenard Davis was supposed to be a great OT, but he does not have the footwork and they had to move him to OG. He is making way to much money for an OG. His contract is huge and he is not playing that well. Therefore they want to dump him and move on. Dennis Green is not drafting Fitz b/c of his friendship with his Dad. He is drafting him b/c he is an awsome 6-3 225lbs WR with outstanding body control, route running and hands. Bolden is going to move to flanker and with Fitz and Johnson on the outside they will look just like the old Vikings with Moss, Carter and Jake Reed. Green loves to spread the field. Why not dump and overpaid OG and move up two spots to get the guy you covent?

I also think it's a good deal for the Chargers, they can still draft a QB if they want or a top WR or move down a few spots again. If they got Davis (via trade) and draft Gallary, their line would be in a solid upgrade from what it is now.

That would make LT2 owners very happy.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Sandwich » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:35 am

On behalf of LT2 owners everywhere, please allow me to say:

"WE ARE ALREADY HAPPY!"

Seriously, I agree. A beefed up O line and WR treat to go along with Boston would be awesome for LT2. Especially in the longevity dept.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:40 pm

Watching the Chargers board for some time now, and this rumor has gotten alot of feedback. The consensus is that it's not enough in trade. I think they're suspicious that Davis is a big bust. Still, they would do it for Davis and a 3d rounder. Oh, and if the Chargers move down to 3, count on them getting Gallery. We just fired both tackles. Would appear to be a need.

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk