Peyton's Big Day - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peyton's Big Day

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:15 pm

fantasizing wrote:Because I just came from work and I am tired/lazy to figure out all the cap room financial crap aspect to all this, does this mean that they can still keep Edge and Harrison as well ???

Yes. Manning goes from an $18m cap hit to about $9m.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasizing » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:18 pm

P. Manning sure as hell better lead the Colts to a superbowl championship (s) in the next year or two with that kind of sick cash flow streaming into his bank account.
Pressure is on now.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:20 pm

the difference between football and baseball is that almighty salary cap. While there might only be a few players in the NFL with THAT big of contracts in the whole NFL, IE Vick, LT, Portis, Baseball has tons. The yankees pay all there players a manning like salary.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Great Gambini » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:35 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
Go Vikes wrote:I saw that on the bottom line on ESPN. That's a lot of money.

Which gives me an idea...wouldn't it be nice if ESPN came out with a downloadable bar to put on your PC that is the bottom line? There are plenty of other downloads that go on one or another of the sides of your screen but wouldn't it be nice to be able to watch ESPN and sit on your PC at the same time? It would be for lazy bums like me at least...

I'm pretty sure they do that?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:38 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:

Which gives me an idea...wouldn't it be nice if ESPN came out with a downloadable bar to put on your PC that is the bottom line? There are plenty of other downloads that go on one or another of the sides of your screen but wouldn't it be nice to be able to watch ESPN and sit on your PC at the same time? It would be for lazy bums like me at least...

I'm pretty sure they do that?

Can you post a link for me where I can download it? I'm too lazy to go find it myself....
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:44 pm

M_Zimm wrote:

They've had this for like 2-3 years now. Not really feelin like searching for the link atm (14 hr day), but if you hunt around I'm sure you can find it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:49 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:

They've had this for like 2-3 years now. Not really feelin like searching for the link atm (14 hr day), but if you hunt around I'm sure you can find it.

Does it work well? I know they have something like ESPN Motion but that isn't what I want, I tried that. It is just video. I suppose I'll have to go find it myselff because youa ll are too lazy... :-[
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:52 pm

Nope, not espn motion.

It's espn bottom line, the exact same thing you see on espn, constantly scrolling across the bottom of your pc, I used to have it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:57 pm

Also, it's not really fair to say football is catching baseball.

Just based on inflation alone, the biggest contracts get progressively higher, not to mention the salary cap progressively getting higher with it.

I remember not all that long ago when Bobby Bonilla was the highest paid baseball player at 6 mil.

It just so happens that the latest huge contract was signed by a football player.

It just happens that baseball's biggest star is locked up in a 10 year deal (worth 2.5 times as much as peyton's deal no less), but you can bet the next time a stud baseball player in his prime ends his rookie contract (like Mark Prior), baseball will have another deal that is worth far more than this one.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Here is your site fellas

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:37 pm

Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter