Donahue Will Try to Trade Owens - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donahue Will Try to Trade Owens

Moderator: Football Moderators

Donahue Will Try to Trade Owens

Postby Canacuna » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:43 pm

ESPN.com wrote:Terrell Owens has been given permission by the San Francisco 49ers to seek a trade after the four-time Pro Bowl receiver forgot to become a free agent.

San Francisco general manager Terry Donahue also will try to trade Owens, who missed a deadline last month to void the final three seasons of his contract. He still is under contract to the 49ers, pending a grievance filed by his agent, David Joseph.

Neato.

Terry Donahue's quote from the ESPN.com article wrote:"I think it's very improbable that he would be back," Donahue said Tuesday. "Both parties have agreed to pursue a trade very actively in the next 72 hours."

Who will land T.O.? Baltimore? Philly? Jets?

On the proposed draft pick compensation for the 49ers... wrote:Donahue dismissed a report that the 49ers would accept a draft pick at the end of the first round in exchange for allowing Owens to become an unrestricted free agent.

So there you go.

Source: Donahue Will Try to Trade Owens
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Go Vikes » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:47 pm

Owens should go to Baltimore. He would be the best WR on that team if he gave 50%.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:16 pm

On SC, I believe it was Salisbury who was asked where he thought TO will go. He said the obvious answer was Philly, but he thinks Baltimore. I see both as likely candidates, esp when Belichick is normally an offensive-oriented coach. However, Reed needs help at WR badly, so he can definately pursue Owens. I think he ends up in Philly.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canacuna » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:18 pm

deftdelivery wrote:On SC, I believe it was Salisbury who was asked where he thought TO will go. He said the obvious answer was Philly, but he thinks Baltimore. I see both as likely candidates, esp when Belichick is normally an offensive-oriented coach. However, Reed needs help at WR badly, so he can definately pursue Owens. I think he ends up in Philly.

I'd like to see what Bellick could do with a halfway decent offensive unit.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Go Vikes » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:19 pm

deftdelivery wrote:On SC, I believe it was Salisbury who was asked where he thought TO will go. He said the obvious answer was Philly, but he thinks Baltimore. I see both as likely candidates, esp when Belichick is normally an offensive-oriented coach. However, Reed needs help at WR badly, so he can definately pursue Owens. I think he ends up in Philly.

Maybe TO will go to Baltimore and Keyshawn will be an Eagle.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:34 pm

We will probably know where he ends up by the end of the week according to this statement:
""Both parties have agreed to pursue a trade very actively in the next 72 hours"

I think it will be Baltimore as well. Remember, Brian Billick was the offensive coordinator in Minnesota when he had to deal with a rookie named Randy Moss. So, Billick has the proper head on his shoulders to deal with Mr. Owens and his outbursts.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:50 pm

for some reason i cant picture TO in balt but bellichek is the kind of idiot whod take his crap. i could see them being a fit for eachother though. and i doubt dallas since meshawn will prob go there.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:53 pm

NittanyLions wrote:for some reason i cant picture TO in balt but bellichek is the kind of idiot whod take his crap. i could see them being a fit for eachother though. and i doubt dallas since meshawn will prob go there.

I hope you're actually referring to Brian Billick...

Bellicheck has won two SuperBowls in the last three years and is considered oen of the top defensive coaches in the NFL - not exactly an idiot.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:54 pm

Canacuna wrote:
NittanyLions wrote:for some reason i cant picture TO in balt but bellichek is the kind of idiot whod take his crap. i could see them being a fit for eachother though. and i doubt dallas since meshawn will prob go there.

I hope you're actually referring to Brian Billick...

Bellicheck has won two SuperBowls in the last three years and is considered oen of the top defensive coaches in the NFL - not exactly an idiot.

yes i am, i can never get the names right, dont like them both anyway
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk