Portis to Wash Bailey to Denver - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Portis to Wash Bailey to Denver

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:15 am

GB Packer Fan 2004 wrote:The reason I said this is because Denver is a Team that likes to run the Football and Running backs always seam to be successful on Denver. I would Still take Portis. Just Not top 5! (of course. too early to decide now)

Hey, now, Joe Gibbs ain't opposed to pounding the rock, either... ;-D

Portis' stats might drop off a little, but what did he have last year? Nearly 1600 yards, injuries and all? Something like that... Even if he drops off some, he's still a premier back...

I'd take him right at number 5, behind: LT2, Holmes, Green, and Lewis...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:27 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
GB Packer Fan 2004 wrote:The reason I said this is because Denver is a Team that likes to run the Football and Running backs always seam to be successful on Denver. I would Still take Portis. Just Not top 5! (of course. too early to decide now)

Portis' stats might drop off a little, but what did he have last year? Nearly 1600 yards, injuries and all? Something like that... Even if he drops off some, he's still a premier back...

Absolutely. The Skins are under new management so you can't judge Portis' value by Spurrier's old gameplan. Gibbs likes to run the ball a lot. I also believe that it's only a matter of time before the OL will be fixed up (sooner rather than later would be my guess).

In keeper and dynasty leagues I wouldn't move Portis' rank (I have him #3 behind LT and Holmes). I may drop him a slot or two for redraft leagues until I know the OL is back up to par.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:37 am

i'm gonna be laughing at a lot of poeple when they pass on portis next year.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:40 am

Gunslinger wrote:
I also believe that it's only a matter of time before the OL will be fixed up (sooner rather than later would be my guess).

In keeper and dynasty leagues I wouldn't move Portis' rank (I have him #3 behind LT and Holmes). I may drop him a slot or two for redraft leagues until I know the OL is back up to par.

Joe Bugel is one of the best in the business... I look for the line to be good to go by the opener... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:28 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Absolutely. The Skins are under new management so you can't judge Portis' value by Spurrier's old gameplan. Gibbs likes to run the ball a lot. I also believe that it's only a matter of time before the OL will be fixed up (sooner rather than later would be my guess).

Yes, I have him in a keeper league and have no intentions of trading him.

My only worry is this, Portis has prved to be a bit injury prone. Small guys usualy aren't as tough as the big guys. Will Portis be able to carry the beating he will take getting the ball 25-30 times a game behind a line not as good as Denver's?

I don't see any way his stats will get better but I don't think they will get a whole lot worse. He missed three games last year and at the begining of the year he was not used as he was at the end, he was taken out at the goal and did not get the TDs he could have. I don't think there is anybody in Washington that has the potential to take TDs away from Portis so he should be good.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:08 pm

A couple of guys who will be steals next year are Portis and Hines Ward. Portis is still definetly a top 5 back, and I would be thrilled to get him anywhere below #4. Hines will probably drop some b/c of Chad, Santana, and Steve Smith's emergence. I would like to grab both those guys in the draft.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk