Jags release Brackens; Brunell trade to become official Wednesday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars

Jags release Brackens; Brunell trade to become official Wednesday

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jags release Brackens; Brunell trade to become official Wednesday

Postby WebHamster » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:00 am

Jacksonville, FL (Sports Network) - The Jacksonville Jaguars continued to restructure their roster as they released defensive end Tony Brackens on Tuesday.

The club also announced that the rumored trade of Mark Brunell to the Washington Redskins will officially take place on Wednesday. Both moves are salary-cap related.

With both Brackens and Brunell off the roster, wide receiver Jimmy Smith will become the only leftover from Jacksonville's inaugural season of 1995.

Brackens, the Jaguars' all-time sack leader, was due a $1 million roster bonus Wednesday. The 29-year-old Texas product had spent all eight years of his career in Jacksonville, recording 55 sacks in 107 games.

The defensive end, however, missed most of the 2002 season with a knee injury. He came back to play in 15 games last season and finished with five sacks.

The club also announced Tuesday, the day before free agency begins, that punter Chris Hanson and defensive end Paul Spicer agreed to new contracts.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby badger526 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:20 pm

All the writers are saying that the Jags are looking to sign that DE from USC, whats his name?
The 2004-2005 Shook-up Can of Fury
QB Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner
RB Deuce, Rudi, Michael Pittman
WR Jimmy Smith, Randy Moss, David Terrel
TE LJ Smith
K John Hall
D Seahawks
badger526
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:06 pm

badger526 wrote:All the writers are saying that the Jags are looking to sign that DE from USC, whats his name?

Ah, well then I guess releasing brackens was OK, and i thought this was saying this was official JUST now and i was gonna say...
This would be a nice pick by the jags as I believe you are thinking of Kenechi Udeze
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars