Kearse to Eagles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kearse to Eagles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby greatgretzky99 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:55 pm

honestly, I think they are in the works for to. I know people say its a longshot. BUT I think his "mistake" (maybe calculated by the eagles????) will help them. now, they can obtain him for a pick -- considering if you consider the pick to be a wr, anyway, to would be better than anyone in the first or second round anyway. Then they can pay his lower salary and sign him to a deferred big pay day IF they chose to do so. it will hurt down the line, but with rice playing into his 40's and training methods being what they are, he may not have as steep a decline as we are accustomed to. If not, I really think that in this case, the fans would understand if it translates to a super bowl win. Seriosuly, if they had to mortgage their future in picks (not salary) for the next two years or so, why not? they now have two franchise anchors on d (kearse and dawkins), two young and locked up corners, their franchise qb, and their franchise wr. with talent like that, you could maybe afford to coast two years in the draft, and try and groom -- go low priced fa's those years.

As far as rb goes, I thinka c ombo of buckhalter and westbrook will be more than fine. the three headed monster, if combined into one back would have been a top ten back. The agles had a top five rushing attack this year, but people don't think of it because it was split up. If they were to get a to, I think they draft the linebacker and runningback for the future.

I am in the minority here, but I half wonder if the FO knew they were getting kearse last year, and that is why they went with siminou this year. Now there is real speed on the d and mark should really compliment that well. just a hunch though.

I think if these two scenarios go through (kearse and owens) they still didn't break the bank that bad are in the middle of the back to the bottom thrid of cap sapce. Not terrible considering what is locked up
greatgretzky99

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby mannubhai » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:37 am

I think Dan Synder would have grabbed him. That would definetly tilt the balance on NFC East in favor of Redskins

If I were Eagles management, my thinking would be :I would rather have Jevon Kearse on my team rather than have to plan against him twice every year. :-b This point in addition to all good logical points made above.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Slingblade » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:29 pm

bye bye kearse...glad to see your old washed up ass out of here...now we can see more of carlos hall
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:03 pm

Slingblade wrote:bye bye kearse...glad to see your old washed up ass out of here...now we can see more of carlos hall

Ouch, no love for the freak. Statistically, he's only had one bad year. If 27 is old and washed up nowadays.... I trust Reid and his coaching staff on their personnel evaluations. They seem to do a good job of releasing players right before the fall and bringing in players who can make a contribution.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:25 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Slingblade wrote:bye bye kearse...glad to see your old washed up ass out of here...now we can see more of carlos hall

Ouch, no love for the freak. Statistically, he's only had one bad year. If 27 is old and washed up nowadays.... I trust Reid and his coaching staff on their personnel evaluations. They seem to do a good job of releasing players right before the fall and bringing in players who can make a contribution.

Yea, Keare had a good year last year. He had more sacks alone than all of Philly's DEs did combined. I think it was a very good pickup fo them, I would have been happy had he come to MN. Then we would have "The Freak" and "The Super Freak" on the same team, not to mention Hovan also.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk