Ted Washington to the Raiders... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Ted Washington to the Raiders...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:29 pm

steelyeri wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Wow...Lions in the playoffs? Man you're sucking up now


lol, it's not that. i truly believe that they have loads of young talent and will surprise many people this year. they also have high draft picks whith which they can fill some holes on their team.


stellyeri, I am willing to allw for anyone's bias to cloud their judgement on their teams, but when you start talking Lions and playoffs you start to lose credibility! :-b Are you running a temp?
As much as I would love to see the Leos make the playoffs, I can't see it happening as long as Millen has control over player procurement. Look at his draft history: Picks Kalimba Edwards ahead of Portis, and then Pinner ahead of Onterio Smith. Both for the same reasons, they had indiscreations in thier past. And this from a guy who claims to have been a smash mouth player, and was an x-Raider. As long as he picks softies, the Lions will fall on the first excuse to lose.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby steelyeri » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:16 pm

let me start by saying that millen is the biggest idiot in football and it's a shame he wasn't fired last year. that aside i think that the lions aren't that far off. first of all they play in the nfc. secondly harrington and rogers are a very good young tandem, look for them to have a big year year. and finally i think that drafting sean taylor is a no brainer for them. even for matt millen. if they can get a good rb like stephen jackson with their second pick or maybe pick up garrison hearst i think that they can win ten games. green bay is going to have to depend an green this season cause farve isn't getting any younger and i don't think that is enough.
Image

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 506
Joined: 2 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: All up in you

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:24 pm

steelyeri wrote:let me start by saying that millen is the biggest idiot in football and it's a shame he wasn't fired last year. that aside i think that the lions aren't that far off. first of all they play in the nfc. secondly harrington and rogers are a very good young tandem, look for them to have a big year year. and finally i think that drafting sean taylor is a no brainer for them. even for matt millen. if they can get a good rb like stephen jackson with their second pick or maybe pick up garrison hearst i think that they can win ten games. green bay is going to have to depend an green this season cause farve isn't getting any younger and i don't think that is enough.


Let's see...

Yes, Millen is horrible.

Harrington has potential, but I wouldn't call him good just yet.

...I can't think of any scenario that could have the Lions getting both Sean Taylor and Stephen Jackson in the draft and Garrison Hearst isn't the answer either.

And depending on Ahman Green and Brett Favre didn't work out too bad for Green Bay last season.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 5062
Joined: 7 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Home sweet home.

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:47 am

Harrington is going to have to prove it to me. I see a QB with mediocre arm stregnth, good touch, no patience or down field presence, and a marshmello mentally. Other than that, he's good to go. I don't see them getting Jackson. If Millen can he'll pick Frank Gore from Miami. It is his history to draft injured RBs.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby Canacuna » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:02 am

moochman wrote:Harrington is going to have to prove it to me. I see a QB with mediocre arm stregnth, good touch, no patience or down field presence, and a marshmello mentally. Other than that, he's good to go. I don't see them getting Jackson. If Millen can he'll pick Frank Gore from Miami. It is his history to draft injured RBs.


Is he in the draft this year? I thought he had one more injury plagued year at Miami to finish?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 5062
Joined: 7 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Home sweet home.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:33 am

Transmogrifier wrote:
purestrength wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:How is it that people still believe that the Patriots are only good because of the refs? It wasn't just one Superbowl, it's two. You are a really confused person.


People still believe it because it was obvious to anyone who watched the AFC championship game. Walt Coleman must be buddy-buddy with Belichick or Kraft or he must have had bets on the game to have no-called it the way he did.

The Patriots benefit from questionable officiating more than any team I can remember in any professional sport.


Welcome to the cafe! ;-D

Quite the controversial first post. Are you a Colt fan? That game was left to the players, yes, but tell me, have you studied calls and non-calls? Or are you just subjectively looking at the Pats and seeing a lot of non-calls against them and determining this?

Seems to me you have a grudge. Yes, I'm a Pats fan, and I agree that they have gotten calls before--especially against the Raiders and the Colts--but all teams get calls. It's what you do with them.

Plus, you can't blame Manning's play on those calls. He was HORRID.



Thanks for the welcome. I didn't mean to sound so hostile, but I keep having these flashbacks of Marcus Pollard being mugged in the fourth quarter against New England and no flags being thrown.

Yes, I'm a Colts fan. How did you guess?:)
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Oops

Postby purestrength » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:37 am

By the way, that last message was from purestrength.

I guess I forgot to log in first. Duh.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 164
Joined: 4 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indiana

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:09 pm

steelyeri wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:how do the Sox suck again? Your perception of suckiness is sure strange.


one word... 1918


Oh, jeez. What, so because the Sox haven't won it all in a long time, they currently "suck". Really? That's insane.

steelyeri wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:How is it that people still believe that the Patriots are only good because of the refs? It wasn't just one Superbowl, it's two. You are a really confused person.


you are the confused one. i didn't say the aren't a good team, because i think they are. what i said was that if they wouldn't have gotten those bad calls in their favor they wouldn't have won either superbowl.
[/quote]

The call against the Raiders, I'll give you. But then I assume you're talking about the calls against Pollard. And while I think one of them should have been called, that certainly doesn't mean the Colts win the game. Remember, Manning sucked the whole day. So instead of blaming Manning's horrible play, you choose to play a few bad calls. Remember, refs are human too. I think you should look at some great plays by Ty Law and horrible throws/decisions by Manning as why the Colts lost. You are obviously still upset about the Snow Call... and I don't blame you (although, Brady was hit in the head in that play and it wasn't called, either!).
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 711
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:22 pm

Canacuna wrote:
moochman wrote:Harrington is going to have to prove it to me. I see a QB with mediocre arm stregnth, good touch, no patience or down field presence, and a marshmello mentally. Other than that, he's good to go. I don't see them getting Jackson. If Millen can he'll pick Frank Gore from Miami. It is his history to draft injured RBs.


Is he in the draft this year? I thought he had one more injury plagued year at Miami to finish?


You're right, I think he is getting a medical redshirt. My bad, but I was just being sarcastic. I don't understand why you would pick a player who is injured already, but Millen has done it in the last 2 drafts.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby steelyeri » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:34 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:The call against the Raiders, I'll give you. But then I assume you're talking about the calls against Pollard. And while I think one of them should have been called, that certainly doesn't mean the Colts win the game. Remember, Manning sucked the whole day. So instead of blaming Manning's horrible play, you choose to play a few bad calls. Remember, refs are human too. I think you should look at some great plays by Ty Law and horrible throws/decisions by Manning as why the Colts lost. You are obviously still upset about the Snow Call... and I don't blame you (although, Brady was hit in the head in that play and it wasn't called, either!)


i was mostly reffering to the raider call. i agree that the colts calls could have gone either way. but what i am saying is that if the pats wouldn't have gotten those calls they wouldn't have won those superbowls. ok, maybe the second one but definately not the first.

i did enjoy watching manning suck it up though. especially since everyone was making such a big deal about him like he was invincible.
Image

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 506
Joined: 2 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: All up in you

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:47 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact