Ted Washington to the Raiders... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ted Washington to the Raiders...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelyeri » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:39 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:Oh, jeez. What, so because the Sox haven't won it all in a long time, they currently "suck". Really? That's insane.

Yes!

no i just like messing with you boston guys. but i do think it kinda sux for the pats. they come in second to their fans even when they are good and the sox suck. they recently improved but for many years the sox were awfull.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:22 pm

steelyeri wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:Oh, jeez. What, so because the Sox haven't won it all in a long time, they currently "suck". Really? That's insane.

Yes!

no i just like messing with you boston guys. but i do think it kinda sux for the pats. they come in second to their fans even when they are good and the sox suck. they recently improved but for many years the sox were awfull.

Far be it for me to stick up for the red Sox, but speaking as a lifelong Tigers fan I'll be the judge who sux. The Red Sox have been competitive, just unwilling to pony up lie the Yanks, until recently.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:18 pm

2. I think this is the stat you Raiderphiles had better pay attention to about your new nose man, Ted Washington, who is a very good player when healthy (probably a top-10 player for New England in terms of his value last year in the playoffs): He played 30 percent of the Patriots' defensive snaps last year. For $5.5 million in bonus and salary next year, I'd think you'd want more out of the guy than that.

from SI http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/w ... index.html
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:46 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
2. I think this is the stat you Raiderphiles had better pay attention to about your new nose man, Ted Washington, who is a very good player when healthy (probably a top-10 player for New England in terms of his value last year in the playoffs): He played 30 percent of the Patriots' defensive snaps last year. For $5.5 million in bonus and salary next year, I'd think you'd want more out of the guy than that.

from SI http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/w ... index.html

A good reason as any why he wasn't resigned.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Josh Weed » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:40 am

steelyeri wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:The call against the Raiders, I'll give you. But then I assume you're talking about the calls against Pollard. And while I think one of them should have been called, that certainly doesn't mean the Colts win the game. Remember, Manning sucked the whole day. So instead of blaming Manning's horrible play, you choose to play a few bad calls. Remember, refs are human too. I think you should look at some great plays by Ty Law and horrible throws/decisions by Manning as why the Colts lost. You are obviously still upset about the Snow Call... and I don't blame you (although, Brady was hit in the head in that play and it wasn't called, either!)

i was mostly reffering to the raider call. i agree that the colts calls could have gone either way. but what i am saying is that if the pats wouldn't have gotten those calls they wouldn't have won those superbowls. ok, maybe the second one but definately not the first.

i did enjoy watching manning suck it up though. especially since everyone was making such a big deal about him like he was invincible.

some of you guys bashing on the pats and the refs calls are definately warping what you saw. As far as the Raiders call, by the rules of football, it was a good call. IT was within the rules. The rule is bad yes, but it had nothing to do with the refs. and when the teams had a chance to change the rule after they didnt. AS far as the colts game, the pats kicked the shit of the colts, those holding calls gone either way would have made no difference.
AS far as the Raiders, you did get hurt a lot last year... BECAUSE YOU ARE OLD. Your team are a bunch of grandfathers. I dont think Wheatly, Gannon, Rice, and Brown strike fear into anyone anymore. They are still ok, but wont carry you to the playoffs. And spending that monty for washington when he, as pointed out, only played like 1/3 of the time, it looks like things are really looking up.lol I just wish all you guys bashing t he pats becasue of the calls would just deal with the fact we are a better team right now and stop whining. The raiders were better before when the pats sucked, and now it is reversed, That is football. But until the raiders just signing younger players and spending money wisely, they are going ot remain a dead end team
Josh Weed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk