The bouncing badger is back! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The bouncing badger is back!

Moderator: Football Moderators

The bouncing badger is back!

Postby JrcWy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:17 pm

And boy am I pissed! I don't know if any of you missed me or even remembered me, but you should know that I am a dolphins fan(explains why I am pissed). Giving up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB? Putting Adewale Ogunleye, Sam Madison, Chris Chambers and some draft picks out there for Moss? Letting Tim Ruddy, Jaime Nails, and Todd Wade all go? Are they seriously thinking of a Ricky, AJ, Randy punch? This is how I see it playing out next season in a typical game:

"Following 2 straight sacks, its 3rd and 34. Feeley takes the snap, running for his life, looking down the field for options...he sees Moss triple teamed to his right...Derrius Thompson who is unable to escape coverage from even the waterboy is to Feeley's left. Feeley yells "FIVE HUNDRED, DEAD OR ALIVE" before throwing the ball straight up in the air! Sam Madison comes down with his 3rd interception of the game. And thats going to end this game folks...Vikes over the Dolphins, 83-4. The sorry fins able to at least avoid a shutout because of jason Taylor's two safeties. Guess we can officially say this was a terrible offseason for Miami but cheer up dolphins fans, you get a whole new offseason to waste again soon."

Any other dolphin fans have a clue whats going on here? What am I missing?
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Buckychudd » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:19 pm

Is that a badger??? I always thought it was some wierd looking cow.....

:-D
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:24 pm

Fins fan here...and don't worry, I've been expressing the same concerns in your absence...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:34 pm

Buckychudd wrote:Is that a badger??? I always thought it was some wierd looking cow.....

ROTFLMAO!!!

I don't know why I found that so funny but I did.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: The bouncing badger is back!

Postby UtopianHopes » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:58 pm

Here the link for wade going to texans..
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sp ... 096402.htm

Here a quote from this site profootballweekly.com:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Co ... 030304.htm

"The alleged trade of Moss to Miami is nonsense — it would send the best big-play receiver in the league to Miami for three players who are in the final year of their contracts. Even if the Vikings were desperate to dump Moss, they wouldn’t be that desperate."

Quote from nfl.com "4. Be patient during the first three weeks of free agency: Let the market come to you. There is a long history of teams overpaying free agents during the first few weeks of buying. Only a precious few of these high-priced players who jump from their old team to a new team ever play in a Pro Bowl again. Most disappoint their new teams. Wait, if you can, and let the market settle down. I learned this one the hard way, and it looks like the Redskins are continuing to be early big spenders."

The link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7136785

I don't think it time to panic, yet. FA has just started. Have some faith. Let just hope they know what their doing.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:52 pm

Feeley is probably the the number one backup QB in the league. He's potentially a starter, proving in 2002 he is competent at the job. He's not great, but hasn't had a lot of chance to develop. I'd rather have him than griese, he's young, he's somewhat a proven quality, a lot less risky than drafting a QB in round 2.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:59 pm

maddog60 wrote:Feeley is probably the the number one backup QB in the league. He's potentially a starter, proving in 2002 he is competent at the job. He's not great, but hasn't had a lot of chance to develop. I'd rather have him than griese, he's young, he's somewhat a proven quality, a lot less risky than drafting a QB in round 2.

Kitna is the best backup QB in the league.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Azrael » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:59 pm

Buckychudd wrote:Is that a badger??? I always thought it was some wierd looking cow.....

I thought it was a skunk trying to take off.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby UtopianHopes » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:09 pm

Hey, it not over yet. Let see if we can take away RT Tait from Kansas City.

Link:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-33ajwade,0,6410289.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Biggest cheap shot "I'm excited and glad to be a Texan," Wade said. "I'm glad I'm going where they appreciate their offensive linemen. I'm going to give my heart and soul to them"
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby JrcWy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:29 pm

Tait! Tait! Tait! Tait! Bring in Tait!

Letting Wade go is one thing, but how can KC let allow someone to leave the best O Line in the league. It would be a very bad move for them but a great one for the dolphins.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk