The bouncing badger is back! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The bouncing badger is back!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Sandwich » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Hey dude?! Your ferrett stopped jumping!
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:23 pm

maddog60 wrote:Feeley is probably the the number one backup QB in the league. He's potentially a starter, proving in 2002 he is competent at the job. He's not great, but hasn't had a lot of chance to develop. I'd rather have him than griese, he's young, he's somewhat a proven quality, a lot less risky than drafting a QB in round 2.

Wouldn't you have been much happier had Miami waited and got Garcia?

And, I don't know why Phins fans hate Fiedler. He wins.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UtopianHopes » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:52 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Feeley is probably the the number one backup QB in the league. He's potentially a starter, proving in 2002 he is competent at the job. He's not great, but hasn't had a lot of chance to develop. I'd rather have him than griese, he's young, he's somewhat a proven quality, a lot less risky than drafting a QB in round 2.

Wouldn't you have been much happier had Miami waited and got Garcia?

And, I don't know why Phins fans hate Fiedler. He wins.

Yeah, I probably be more excited if it was garcia, but oh well. we jumped the gun and we are now stuck with feeley, atleast I will hope the best for him...

I would like to point out fielder never won a playoff game in his stay with the dolphins. The one game the dolphins won was due in part by L.Smith who had 40+ carries. Also, Quaterbacks get to much credit for the TEAM winning. It's more of the defense and ricky williams who win the game not fielder... Put it in simple terms. Feidler doesn't help us win any games, he helps us not lose them. Simple as that.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:06 pm

It is my personal opinion that Fiedler was not particularly adept at advancing the ball deep downfield with the pass. That is what I would like to see Feely bring.
Link
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:18 pm

I am a Lions fan and as such my Iroquois name translates to Rain Cloud, so let me re-assure you Phin-addicts: Everything is going to be okay, you still have Wannstedt leading your team. :~( :~( :~(

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Re: The bouncing badger is back!

Postby Go Vikes » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:27 pm

JrcWY wrote:And boy am I pissed! I don't know if any of you missed me or even remembered me, but you should know that I am a dolphins fan(explains why I am pissed). Giving up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB? Putting Adewale Ogunleye, Sam Madison, Chris Chambers and some draft picks out there for Moss? Letting Tim Ruddy, Jaime Nails, and Todd Wade all go? Are they seriously thinking of a Ricky, AJ, Randy punch? This is how I see it playing out next season in a typical game:

"Following 2 straight sacks, its 3rd and 34. Feeley takes the snap, running for his life, looking down the field for options...he sees Moss triple teamed to his right...Derrius Thompson who is unable to escape coverage from even the waterboy is to Feeley's left. Feeley yells "FIVE HUNDRED, DEAD OR ALIVE" before throwing the ball straight up in the air! Sam Madison comes down with his 3rd interception of the game. And thats going to end this game folks...Vikes over the Dolphins, 83-4. The sorry fins able to at least avoid a shutout because of jason Taylor's two safeties. Guess we can officially say this was a terrible offseason for Miami but cheer up dolphins fans, you get a whole new offseason to waste again soon."

Any other dolphin fans have a clue whats going on here? What am I missing?

You look stressed, my friend.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk