Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby terpfan » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:07 pm

i smell a comeback! :-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby UtopianHopes » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:14 pm

actually, I admire what snyder doing. Not many owners are willing to spend money to try and make the team better. Most just look for profits.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:25 pm

I think it's pathetic.
The Redskins aren't able to develop talent or find a good coach to win them games, so Snyder tries to be the Steinbrenner of football.
As I've said before the Redskins are the Mets of football, they spend tons of money every year, and always end up sucking.

BTW
by getting Portis, Daniels, Shawn Springs and the 5th overall pick, I don't see how the Redskins can possibly miss the playoffs next year, but then again stranger things have happened.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:32 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:BTW
by getting Portis, Daniels, Shawn Springs and the 5th overall pick, I don't see how the Redskins can possibly miss the playoffs next year, but then again stranger things have happened.

that argument makes no sense at all. they were 5-11 last year. there is no reason to assume they should make the playoffs this year. they traded champ for portis, even swap. springs is good, but not amazing. ALL crappy trams have high draft picks why are the skins different. oh and daniels.... LOL, why did u include him? are u trying to shoot your argument to hell? this is one of those arguments skins haters LOVE to use.

and i for one like having snyder as an owner. at least he wants to help this team win and is willing to spend to do it. most owners just sit on their asses all offseason and end up going into the season with 10 mil left over. whats the point of that? ive noticed how many other fans get jealous over this and i think thats why snyder receives all the hate that he does. i cant wait for snyder and gibbs to finally suceed with this team. i will rub it in peoples faces unitll they hate my guts. :-b
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:41 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:by getting Portis, Daniels, Shawn Springs and the 5th overall pick, I don't see how the Redskins can possibly miss the playoffs next year, but then again stranger things have happened.

Hmm, with the Eagles reloading, Parcells in Dallas, and an offensive line that still hasn't seen any major upgrades (at least not by the news reports) I can easily see how they'd miss the playoffs. Just b/c there are 2 other teams in their division that should go 10-6 next year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:42 pm

well they have added a 43 million dollar QB, a 50 million dollar RB, a 30 million dollar CB, two D-Lineman equalling nearly 40 million. and its only the first day of free agency. they damn well better make it to the playoffs. come on terpfan. "In Joe We Trust" }:-)
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:49 pm

I don't see how they keep spending tons of money on people and haven't run into cap trouble, all these big name guys on their team (Arrington, Trotter, Smoot, Portis, Brunell, Springs, Coles, Wiley, and previously Armstead) and they just keep spending away. Guess they must have some contract structuring geniuses.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:02 pm

terpfan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:BTW

and i for one like having snyder as an owner. at least he wants to help this team win and is willing to spend to do it. most owners just sit on their asses all offseason and end up going into the season with 10 mil left over. whats the point of that? ive noticed how many other fans get jealous over this and i think thats why snyder receives all the hate that he does. i cant wait for snyder and gibbs to finally suceed with this team. i will rub it in peoples faces unitll they hate my guts. :-b

I can testify to that...I hate Red McCombs...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:04 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I think it's pathetic.
The Redskins aren't able to develop talent or find a good coach to win them games, so Snyder tries to be the Steinbrenner of football.

They are able to develop talent, mostly on the defensive side of the ball: Smoot, Bailey, Arrington, Gardner. You could throw Ramsey in there as well. I think over the last 5-6 years they've been one of the most undisciplined underachieving teams in the NFL. Gibbs should be able to prepare them better the way Parcells did for Dallas last year. In hindsight, getting rid of Schottenheimer after he finished the season 8-3 might have been a bad move.

BTW

I agree. I fully expect them to make the playoffs.

I like having Snyder as an owner because he is willing to shell out money to improve his team. You won't see him pulling a McCombs and staying $20-30m under the cap so he can pocket it. He just needs to be less involved with the football operations and let a staff make the decisions for who to pick up in FA/Draft. Let Snydes cut the check, sit in the booth and watch.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk