So long loser - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So long loser

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:51 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:OK, I see where some of these comments are coming from. Tru enough there are two other good teams in the NFC East, but when you make acquisitions like Portis, Brunell, Springs etc. and already have a good talent base you are likely to be a good team the next season. I have heard many Skins fans arguing about how the Skins will miss the playoffs next year, and I just don't understand it. Are you guys setting your expectations low just in case you aren't a good team. Lastly, you Skins fans can keep telling yourself that everyone is jealous of you, frankly if I was going to be jealous of someone, I would actually pick a team that's done well over the last couple of years.

i'm not really sure what else i can say that i havent allready repeated a million times. first of all, i believe other teams are jealous, not of our sucess, but of our willingness to bring in players to help the team (ask the vikings fans). second of all, no one is arguing that the skins will miss the playoffs, only that assuming they will is baseless and unfair. i dont see what we as fans are doing wrong by saying you should not expect this team to go to the playoffs next year. the talent is good, but not exceptional. "just in case we arent a good team" makes no sense given that we havent been a good team for years! finally, if your whole argument is going to say we are underestimating our team purposefully, why go off and say how we havent done anything the last couple of years? DUH! thats the point! its just a very confusing position, that all non redskin fans seem to take. i try to dispell it, but i can only do so much.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:54 pm

by the way, i actually believe that the redskins will make the playoffs next year, with a 10-6 record. of course its biased but hey what are fans for?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:21 pm

I really dont see how you can call Shawn Springs a problem... he played every single year of his lengthy contract and in this day and age that is a tough thing to do... And on the toughest division it is still the AFC East Not the NFC East... Supebowl Champs, Bills Who will be back in the mix with better qb play, the jets who will be better with Pennington back for the whole year, and the fins with RICKY carrying them to the big prize.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:02 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:I really dont see how you can call Shawn Springs a problem... he played every single year of his lengthy contract and in this day and age that is a tough thing to do... And on the toughest division it is still the AFC East Not the NFC East... Supebowl Champs, Bills Who will be back in the mix with better qb play, the jets who will be better with Pennington back for the whole year, and the fins with RICKY carrying them to the big prize.

well in the last 3 years out a possible 48 games he's only started 30.

Every single one of those is directly attributed to his shoulder, hamstring, groin, or back.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:25 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:I really dont see how you can call Shawn Springs a problem... he played every single year of his lengthy contract and in this day and age that is a tough thing to do... And on the toughest division it is still the AFC East Not the NFC East... Supebowl Champs, Bills Who will be back in the mix with better qb play, the jets who will be better with Pennington back for the whole year, and the fins with RICKY carrying them to the big prize.

I still say it's the AFC South with Tennesse and Indy as well as two sleeper teams in Jacksonville and Houston.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk