TO has found a home!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO has found a home!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mudd » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:11 pm

It's not arbritrary b/c that's the last pick the 9ers have in the second round.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:24 pm

TTTBone wrote:2nd rounder for TO is a steal. Now he'll be coached by someone who has an even bigger ego than himself.

what is a steal is the fact that we niners were able to get something for him :D
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TTTBone » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:43 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Well, I don't know about in the top 51--an arbitrary cutoff--but the Pats have seven picks in the top 4 rounds. Two ones, Two twos, two fours and a three.

Wow, trans, I did not know that. How did those picks come about?
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby The Great Gambini » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:56 pm

What about Heap?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:57 pm

Well the suspense is over before the first kick-off. It's a Ravens/Skins Superbowl :-b
I hate to see it happen for the simple reason that it will reduce the # of looks that TO will get. Last year he caught almost as many passes as all of the Raven WRs put together. And he was unhappy about the gameplan. Do you think the Ravens are going to stop giving the ball to which ever RB is on parole/probation? Bet they're busting a gut in SF, they get a #2 because TO's agent couldn't use a Sarpie in time and send TO where he will get less action. Brilliant!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mannubhai » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:23 pm

I am trying to be as humble as possible. But certainly the "parity" in NFC North is over.

Ravens are clear favourites now.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:41 pm

I have a TO in a keeper league, and when I first heard the prospects of him going to Baltimore I wasn't too thrilled because of their worst ranked pass offense. But the more I think about it, TO will basically be their go-to guy, akin to R.Moss in Minnesota.
I don't expect any of those 75 yard TD bombs that Garcia used to deliver to TO, but I do expect lots and lots of short passes, and many many receptions per game. He will see the ball alot, and we know he can run after the catch,so he'll get lots of yardage. As for Baltimore being a run first, Defense first team, remember that Billick used to be the offensive coordinator in Minnesota not too long ago when Minnesota's offensive was the highest scoring in the league.
In fact, didn't Baltimore hire Billick because he was an offensive minded coach?
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:44 pm

fantasizing wrote:In fact, didn't Baltimore hire Billick because he was an offensive minded coach?

Yup. I think someone may have already mentioned this, but I'll go ahead and put it down again. He used to be the offensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings back when they were the highest scoring team in the league.

I'd predict T.O. to get similar stats to last season - I wouldn't expect him to return to being 1c. behind Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss anytime soon.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby TTTBone » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:45 pm

proKrastinate wrote:
TTTBone wrote:2nd rounder for TO is a steal. Now he'll be coached by someone who has an even bigger ego than himself.

what is a steal is the fact that we niners were able to get something for him :D

Quite true... a second rounder is a steal for the niners, nice job by TO's agent. LMAO
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:26 pm

Man, this is going to be hard to see... Owens used to be the man for my Niners, and now he's reduced to a second round draft pick. He must be the biggest headache to a team since frozen yogurt. Owens won't rate very high on my list of fantasy choices due to the QB situation in Baltimore, unless Lewis goes to jail and can't play this year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk