Jeff Garcia and Garrison Hearst Stuff... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jeff Garcia and Garrison Hearst Stuff...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jeff Garcia and Garrison Hearst Stuff...

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:42 pm

The Press Democrat wrote:Quarterback Jeff Garcia, whom the 49ers released after he turned down the team's contract proposal, is scheduled to leave today for Cleveland, where he will meet with Browns officials, a source said.

Garcia is regarded as the top quarterback on the open market. The three-time Pro Bowl selection has received a lot of attention since becoming free to negotiate with any team on Tuesday.

Garcia is also scheduled to visit the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he could replace Brad Johnson as the team's starter. Also, the Atlanta Falcons have also expressed an interest in signing Garcia to be Michael Vick's backup.

Garcia is not the only player recently released by the 49ers to be drawing interest from the Buccaneers.

Tampa Bay hosted former 49ers left tackle Derrick Deese, and appears close to working out a deal for his services. The Bucs are expected to talk with running back Garrison Hearst, who has also has included the Raiders, Philadelphia, Detroit and Denver on his wish list.

Source: The Press Democrat

The Tim Couch negotiations must not be going well, unless Butch Davis is trying to do whatever the Redskins are trying with Brunell/Ramsey. Also, I can't see Jeff Garcia signing somewhere to be a backup in Atlanta...

...Has anyone heard of any teams that are actually interested in Hearst? It's one thing for a player to be interested in a team, but do any of these teams want him?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:46 pm

I haven't heard any mention of Hearst coming to Detroit, but I think they may be hoping to get Staley or that Hearst will not get amny takers, driving down his price. It would seem natural that with Mariucci's past that Hearst has to be being talked about. There is probably no way that Garcia comes here, the Lions know Joey is a wimp and they have to baby him.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby fantasizing » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:54 pm

I think Garcia would rather retire than be relegated to a back up role considering that, at 34, he's got only a few good years left in that ailing body of his. Maybe Baltimore should sign him?
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:58 pm

fantasizing wrote:I think Garcia would rather retire than be relegated to a back up role considering that, at 34, he's got only a few good years left in that ailing body of his. Maybe Baltimore should sign him?

...I'm sure T.O. would love Baltimore to sign Garcia... }:-)
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mannubhai » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:04 pm

Canacuna wrote:
fantasizing wrote:I think Garcia would rather retire than be relegated to a back up role considering that, at 34, he's got only a few good years left in that ailing body of his. Maybe Baltimore should sign him?

...I'm sure T.O. would love Baltimore to sign Garcia... }:-)

Lol..at Canacuna..but on a serious note ..it is a possibity. Anthony Wright is a free agent. Baltimore needs a QB..Garcia and T.O. reunite in Baltimore..that would be awesome..but a strict warning to both..there is no doubt abt it ..Baltimore is still a Lewis land..

If Garcia comes to Baltimore, headlines for newspaper would be something like this:

"Back to old school.. Garcia and T.O go to school under strict master Ray Lewis" :-)
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:05 pm

That would be frickin hilarious if Garcia would end up in Baltimore. That would be HomerSimpsonesque for T.O. Finally moved away from Flanders only to find out he moved in right next door.

Garcia is way to proud to go play somebody's backup. No way he'll be in Atlanta.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby fantasizing » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:02 pm

Baltimore needs a QB..Garcia and T.O. reunite in Baltimore..that would be awesome..but a strict warning to both..there is no doubt abt it ..Baltimore is still a Lewis land..

If Garcia comes to Baltimore, headlines for newspaper would be something like this:

"Back to old school.. Garcia and T.O go to school under strict master Ray Lewis" :-)

I thought Boller was the QB of the future for Baltimore??????
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:16 pm

fantasizing wrote:

Baltimore needs a QB..Garcia and T.O. reunite in Baltimore..that would be awesome..but a strict warning to both..there is no doubt abt it ..Baltimore is still a Lewis land..

I thought Boller was the QB of the future for Baltimore??????

Tony Banks, Trent Dilfer, Elvis Grbac, Chris Redman, Jeff Blake, etc., etc. Wasn't Randle Cunningham even brought in for a season? Anyway, Boller will probably have more time to produce than the other QBs, but I'm sure Billick would pickup another one if he saw something he liked in him.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fantasizing » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:33 pm

They better find a QB that can throw the damn ball because I can hear TO bitching and complaining already.....
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:34 pm

fantasizing wrote:They better find a QB that can throw the damn ball because I can hear TO bitching and complaining already.....

...I'd be scared to say anything negative with some of the players on Baltimore leering about... :-o
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk