The Lions get a Woody and Bryant too. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Lions get a Woody and Bryant too.

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Lions get a Woody and Bryant too.

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:55 am

According to the Booth newspaper's Tom Kowalski the Lions have signed Damian Woody, OL from the Pats, and Bryant, the CB from Jacksonville. This is great news as this will help to solidify 2 areas of great weakness for the Lions. They are now expected to push hard for D Jax and/or Tai Streets.
Looks like Mariucci's a pretty good salesman as it's rumored that the Lions only offered Woody $500,000 more than the Phins. I bet he talks one of those WRs into helping restore the roar.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:16 am

those are both good signings. Bryant is an underrated CB and should help them a bit in the secondary. He was supposed to come in for a visit to Cincy, but I guess not anymore.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Estarr01 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:40 am

That's great news, that definitely opens up some options for the lions in the draft by shoring up two of their weakest areas. They still need a safety and since B. Green is free agent they might want to look at some LB's. Right now though I think they might be able to grab a RB in the draft or go with Winslow. Some are even saying they might draft a WR with their top pick. Lets restore the Roar!

Good post moochman
Estarr01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:52 am

doh, thought the fins had him all but sure'd up...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Roseman » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:48 am

Ya these are two good signings for the Lions Woody will really help out their o-line and Bryant should really solidify the secondary opposite Dre Bly.

But the Lions better watch out and not do to much or they might get thrown in the same boat as the Redskins!!!!!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:05 pm

Good luck, Woody, and thanks.

You Detroit fans just got an extremely classy, unselfish player who can dominate the line. He's special.

The lions are slowly building with young, good players and I can see why Woody would take the money to go there.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:26 pm

Estarr01 wrote:That's great news, that definitely opens up some options for the lions in the draft by shoring up two of their weakest areas. They still need a safety and since B. Green is free agent they might want to look at some LB's. Right now though I think they might be able to grab a RB in the draft or go with Winslow. Some are even saying they might draft a WR with their top pick. Lets restore the Roar!

Good post moochman

Millen doesn't like top notch players, he wants to trade down.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby steelyeri » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:43 pm

imagine a secondary that includes bly, bryant, and sean peyton. that would be one of the best in the league IMO. hey mooch, im telling you man the playoffs arent that far off.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:07 pm

I think the Lions are coming along pretty nicely. They do need a RB (even if they get Stewart back at a lower cost). He is not usually healthy.

Need another WR (Jackson?) RB - either in draft or signing...and S - draft Taylor with the 6th spot. They can get a RB in the 2nd rd. Mel Kipers board showed Perry and Jackson as the only RBs going in the first rd. That would mean Jones would still be out there. But if they take Clarett, ugh...It better be a value pick in the 5th rd.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:31 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Mel Kipers board showed Perry and Jackson as the only RBs going in the first rd. That would mean Jones would still be out there. But if they take Clarett, ugh...It better be a value pick in the 5th rd.

Ergh, don't get me started on Mel Kipers...

I think that Stephen Jackson, Kevin Jones, and Greg Jones are all quality RBs. Greg Jones might slip to the second round depending on his combine numbers (or how his leg is healing). Tantum Bell is another good prospect, as well as Julius Jones. I would draft all of those players ahead of Chris Perry and Maurice Clarett (and I'm probably forgetting another player or two).
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Football Talk