Return to Football Talk

Justin McCareins to Jets...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:48 pm

Azrael wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
Canacuna wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
moochman wrote:From a fantasy standpoint, I love this trade! McCareins is a stud in waiting and will help Moss and Penny. But it also helps raise the value of Drew Bennett of the Titans. He could be in for a bust out year.

Oh yeah, this'll good for both McCariens and Bennett...

I also think Bennett could have a "bust-out" year.

Hopefully Tyrone Calico can get some more touches, too.

This trade could help just about everyone except for maybe Curtis Conway and Wayne Chebret owners (if anyone actually has them).

I heard the Mason's Fantasy Football League drafted Curtis Conway because of his stone hands.

I like this deal. McCareins should make a very nice #1 and Moss makes a perfect #2. Bombs away in in New Jersey for 2004.

You think McCareins will be the No. 1? I was thinking Moss would be the No. 1. Eh, what difference does it make.

I'd say both of them are really good #2s.

Santana Moss performed well until he began receiving the double coverage from defenses - something a #1 WR should be able to handle. He disappeared the last four or five weeks of the season

...Justin McCareins might be a #1 WR in a year or two, but I wouldn't consider him that just yet.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasizing » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:51 pm

awwchrist wrote:Considering SF was throwing Owens out the door for a 2nd rd pick...and the Jets just spent their 2nd rd pick for Justin...was there ever a moment in the Jets front office that someone didn't slap their forehead and follow it with a Homerific "DOH".

I bet alot of teams are slapping their heads today saying the same thing. BUT, I think alot of teams didn't go after TO because, unlike McCareins, TO will demand a huge contract.
But, for sure, getting a player who has 50 TDs and 5000 yards over the last 4 seasons for a measly 2nd rounder is a joke.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:58 pm

I would think Moss would be the #1 guy since he is more familiar with the offense...but both are big play guys..Will be interesting to see who gets the punt receiving duties now...Will have major fantasy point implications there...That was the main reason I protected Moss instead of another player...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:38 am

That's a big snag for the Jets. I would still keep Chrebet around since he's got great hands and ability; he's the perfect 3rd down possession back, a'la Ricky Proehl. Conway however is pretty much dog meat in NY now... I hope this helps both Moss and McCareins since it will spread the coverages out more evenly. As for the Titans, well, this should help either Bennett or Calico immensely. This depends on who they cart out as a starter. McNair is a great passer, so both should put up solid numbers along with Mason. They are looking like good backup draft picks who can turn into starting #3 wideouts for a fantasy team. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikehunt » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:21 am

I do like this trade alot as well. more on the fact of options for C Penn since he is a keeper of mine. Though i would wonder what tenn does with there pick. Lossing JKearse and needing a back to cover eddie's spot when he retires might be just what Tenn will do. Kinda interestig all in all

Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:45 am

Azrael wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
Canacuna wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
moochman wrote:From a fantasy standpoint, I love this trade! McCareins is a stud in waiting and will help Moss and Penny. But it also helps raise the value of Drew Bennett of the Titans. He could be in for a bust out year.

Oh yeah, this'll good for both McCariens and Bennett...

I also think Bennett could have a "bust-out" year.

Hopefully Tyrone Calico can get some more touches, too.

This trade could help just about everyone except for maybe Curtis Conway and Wayne Chebret owners (if anyone actually has them).

I heard the Mason's Fantasy Football League drafted Curtis Conway because of his stone hands.

I like this deal. McCareins should make a very nice #1 and Moss makes a perfect #2. Bombs away in in New Jersey for 2004.

You think McCareins will be the No. 1? I was thinking Moss would be the No. 1. Eh, what difference does it make. I think they'll find him to be a huge upgrade to their WR corps. I think he's a well kept secret. My sites will definitely be set on taking Penny.

I think McCareins natural talents and size direct him towards being a #1 WR. He's a bigger WR and if he can learn to beat double and bump and run coverage, he'd obviously be a #1. Moss being smaller and faster suits the role of a stretch the field, take advantage of 1 on 1 coverage type WR.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk