So what happens now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So what happens now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

So what happens now?

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:54 pm

So how big of a fall does San Fran take losing Garcia and Owens....and is Griffin REALLY going to be the guy in Denver now?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:57 pm

It will be quite a fight between the 49ers and Cardinals for the last spot in the NFC West - maybe even in the NFL.

...And I just can't see Quintin Griffin being a starter in the NFL at any point in his career. He was good in college, but I don't think he's someone you can hand off to more than ten or MAYBE fifteen in a game. He seems more like a special teams player to me.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:43 am

Canacuna wrote:It will be quite a fight between the 49ers and Cardinals for the last spot in the NFC West - maybe even in the NFL.

...And I just can't see Quintin Griffin being a starter in the NFL at any point in his career. He was good in college, but I don't think he's someone you can hand off to more than ten or MAYBE fifteen in a game. He seems more like a special teams player to me.

Sadly, I must agree. The 49ers are finally hitting a rebuilding phase, so I am now prepared for yet another sport where my favorite team is the dregs of their respective league (Pirates, Penguins, 49ers). There is always hope when Arizona is involved...

I was figuring Griffin would be "the man" in Denver this year... I sure hope they don't RBBC with Anderson or Droughns. That would just balance the RB equation as far as features vs. committees. :-t
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:54 am

I actually see Anderson winning the main gig and Griffin acting as a 3rd down back. I still wouldn't be surprised to see a RB drafted with their extra 2nd round pick (Michael Turner would be my guess) and eventually winning the job like Portis did a couple years ago.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:28 pm

I posted this in another topic but I completely agree with Gunslinger, My guess is Michael "The Burner" Turner or someone like Julius Jones with good speed and change of direction skills. maybe even a guy they could get a lot later in Mwelde moore(great receiving skills) or Ran Carthon.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk