Johnson-Galloway trade off

Moderator: Football Moderators

Johnson-Galloway trade off

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:58 am

fanball.com wrote:
March 6, 2004 1:18 AM ET
Cowboys: Trade is off, but Dallas still wants Keyshawn
The News
With the Buccaneers unable to make an agreeable offer to wide receiver Joey Galloway, the potential trade with the Cowboys in exchange for Keyshawn Johnson is not going to happen. However, the Associated Press reports that the Cowboys still want to sign Johnson at some point, and the team is exploring their options. Dallas could either offer Tampa Bay a draft pick or wait until the Buccaneers release the receiver prior to March 31. Johnson has already agreed to a four-year, $20 million contract with the Cowboys.
Our View
The Cowboys will likely wait for the Bucs to release Johnson, and after June 1, Dallas will cut Galloway to save cap space. Keyshawn will join Terry Glenn and Antonio Bryant in the receiving corps, and Johnson will fill the much-needed possession receiver role. We still have way too many doubts about Quincy Carter for Key to have anything more than marginal fantasy value if he becomes a Cowboy.

I guess Galloway expects he can do better on the waiver wire after June 1st than signing with Tampa. I thought he'd be a good fit there too.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikehunt » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:23 am

Yeah I caught this lastnight as well. Thanks for doing the work. I do want to see Key play again I hope he lands some where.

By the way KG I like the qoute. Arnold in his best broken english.

Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Football Newbie » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:11 am

mikehunt wrote:Yeah I caught this lastnight as well. Thanks for doing the work. I do want to see Key play again I hope he lands some where.

By the way KG I like the qoute. Arnold in his best broken english.

Mike

wait thats supposed to be english?!?!
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:42 am

good for Galloway,,,,,,,,I wouldn't do this either if I was him.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Buckychudd » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:15 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:good for Galloway,,,,,,,,I wouldn't do this either if I was him.

Yeah, they did low ball him. I don't think we will see Tampa back in the superbowl let alone the playoffs anytime soon. I just don't think they have the commitment to bring in the talent.....and Gruden was lucky to have the defense prebuilt for him by Dungy. I don't think he knows how to rebuild a defense, and it doesn't look like they're willing to spend money to fill the offensive holes.

TB is going to be in the cellar of the NFC South this year.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:31 pm

Buckychudd wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:good for Galloway,,,,,,,,I wouldn't do this either if I was him.

Yeah, they did low ball him. I don't think we will see Tampa back in the superbowl let alone the playoffs anytime soon. I just don't think they have the commitment to bring in the talent.....and Gruden was lucky to have the defense prebuilt for him by Dungy. I don't think he knows how to rebuild a defense, and it doesn't look like they're willing to spend money to fill the offensive holes.

TB is going to be in the cellar of the NFC South this year.

I agree, they are not going anywhere if they dont do something significant.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk