Duce in Pitt? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Duce in Pitt?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Duce in Pitt?

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:07 pm

They are scheduled to meet on Sun and Mon, im glad they adressing the RB situation. Since they have something in mind with the Punters, then are talking staley-why did someone say pitt would make no moves? :-)

Duce Meeting
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:29 pm

Geez, we don't need some scat back going on 30. We need a big young franchise back who can do it all (e.g. LT, James, Lewis, Green, Williams, DD, Deuce, Alexander) We need a guy like those.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Homeless » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:40 pm

He'd fill a temporary hole. I'd be happy to see him there.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:05 am

Azrael wrote:Geez, we don't need some scat back going on 30. We need a big young franchise back who can do it all (e.g. LT, James, Lewis, Green, Williams, DD, Deuce, Alexander) We need a guy like those.

first fans complain about not signing anyone... then they complain when they try to... management cant win can they?
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:10 am

Azrael wrote:Geez, we don't need some scat back going on 30. We need a big young franchise back who can do it all (e.g. LT, James, Lewis, Green, Williams, DD, Deuce, Alexander) We need a guy like those.

haha good luck with that. teams dont just go off and get a franchise runningb... oh wait, portis! :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:43 am

Duce would suit me just fine right now, of course soon they will have to look at someone younger, but this should give em a jump start and allow a running game to get going, though id still enjoy getting jones or jackson ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:00 am

Homeless wrote:He'd fill a temporary hole. I'd be happy to see him there.

I agree,I'm also interested to see how Haynes or Brown works out.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:27 am

Whoever the Steeler's insider guy is that they bring in on Savran on Sportsbeat (Dulac maybe?) said the Steelers would try to wait on players so their asking price is lower and then try to grab them...the wanted to get the lineman that went to Houston the other day, but since they didn't act fast enough, they really didn't have a chance for him. These days, I think you have to be a little more aggressive because of these teams that just throw money around at will.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:14 am

Football Newbie wrote:

first fans complain about not signing anyone... then they complain when they try to... management cant win can they?

Good call, Newb.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:36 am

Duce has got a few good years left in him, but how is their O-line looking? Are they going to be healthy going into camp? Are they looking ot draft help there? If they cant' get more production from their O-line it won't matter who the hire at RB. Heck, even Shawn Bryson couldn't make any progress behind a sucky Lion O-line! ;-)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Next

Return to Football Talk