Skins agree to offer sheet with Rams RFA CB Butler - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Skins agree to offer sheet with Rams RFA CB Butler

Moderator: Football Moderators

Skins agree to offer sheet with Rams RFA CB Butler

Postby terpfan » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:11 pm

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/rams

the contract is for 6 years, $15 million.

if the rams dont match the skins would get the 25 year old jerametrius butler to play nickel back/ insurance for shawn springs. i like the signing alot, even if we have to give up that 5th round pick. butler had 4 ints last year with st. louis in his first year as a starter. the springs signing makes more sense now... ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:22 pm

Yea, that would be a very smart signing for the Skins, Springs is injury-prone so you need some insurance. Butler was a good, young CB last year, he made some nice plays. It was his first year starting though so he did get burned some, but he could be a very effective nickel back and could develop into a starter.

Edited for typos...
Last edited by M_Zimm_ffc on Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:04 pm

His nickname is "Big Play" Jerametrius Butler and Ill tell you its not because he makes big plays, its because he has a habit of giving them up.... To be honest I dont know how the rams made it to the playoffs with their pair of starting cb's Fisher and Butlet had to be the weakest in the league mayb besides pittsburghs.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:27 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:His nickname is "Big Play" Jerametrius Butler and Ill tell you its not because he makes big plays, its because he has a habit of giving them up.... To be honest I dont know how the rams made it to the playoffs with their pair of starting cb's Fisher and Butlet had to be the weakest in the league mayb besides pittsburghs.

Amen to that Dib-e. I wouldn't want Jaremetrius Butler as a backup, with all the great moves the Skins have made this offseason (Portis, Griffin, Springs), I think this is definetly the weakest, and I didn't think much of the Brunell deal.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:06 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
TheHeat24 wrote:His nickname is "Big Play" Jerametrius Butler and Ill tell you its not because he makes big plays, its because he has a habit of giving them up.... To be honest I dont know how the rams made it to the playoffs with their pair of starting cb's Fisher and Butlet had to be the weakest in the league mayb besides pittsburghs.

Amen to that Dib-e. I wouldn't want Jaremetrius Butler as a backup, with all the great moves the Skins have made this offseason (Portis, Griffin, Springs), I think this is definetly the weakest, and I didn't think much of the Brunell deal.

i dont see how bad he could be. 4 picks as a starter. all we are asking him to do is be the #3. besides that was his first year as a starter, hes bound to give up some big plays.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:14 pm

Oh he'd be a good nickel back, I just would be nervous if Springs went down since he isnt a great corner on good WRs.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:57 pm

I am officially labeling the Skins as the Black Friday shoppers of free agency. Christmas isn't until September and their trying to sign all the free agents in the first week. Ok, it's a stretch but funny. Right? Ah, screw it.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby terpfan » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:17 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I wouldn't want Jaremetrius Butler as a backup.

i see what you mean now...meaning you would not want him to replace springs, not that he wouldnt be good in a backup role? i really dont know, never seen him play, but on the surface it seems like a good signing to me.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:21 pm

Anytime you sign someone's #1 corner to be your nickelback, you're doing ok...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Roseman » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:12 pm

If the Skins do get butler he would be a great nickle back. he would a big upgrade over Bauman.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Next

Return to Football Talk