Skins agree to offer sheet with Rams RFA CB Butler - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Skins agree to offer sheet with Rams RFA CB Butler

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:33 pm

the fact that he had 4 picks doesnt really mean much. Brian russell had 9 for us last year but that does make him the best FS in the NFL. Everyone saw him get roasted (along with denard Walker) on 4th and 25 to keep the vikes out of the playoffs. Butler did make some nice plays but sometimes when he went for the big play he misses and gets toasted for big time plays.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:10 pm

terpfan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I wouldn't want Jaremetrius Butler as a backup.

i see what you mean now...meaning you would not want him to replace springs, not that he wouldnt be good in a backup role? i really dont know, never seen him play, but on the surface it seems like a good signing to me.

Yea, I saw him in a couple of games this year. He gets beat quite a bit, he's a bit too risky for my liking.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:39 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Anytime you sign someone's #1 corner to be your nickelback, you're doing ok...

Not if it was Pittsburgh's #1 CB. ;-)

Nice depth signing. Looks like a workable contract also. I'd rather have waited to see if Sam Madison was going to be available though.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:41 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Anytime you sign someone's #1 corner to be your nickelback, you're doing ok...

Not if it was Pittsburgh's #1 CB. ;-)

Nice depth signing. Looks like a workable contract also. I'd rather have waited to see if Sam Madison was going to be available though.

madison would have been WAY too much money. unless you are saying u want him over springs... but we cant afford to sign him as a 3rd cb.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:19 pm

terpfan wrote:but we cant afford to sign him as a 3rd cb.

This is the redskins we're talkin about right? owner is Daniel Snyder??? you can afford anything you want. :-b
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:37 pm

Madison is wanting way to much over 8million against the cap, hes not worth it, thats the type of money ty law is making and hes not ty law. Who watched him get burned by McCaerins and troy brown who are hardly top quality receivers. Feel free to throw in any others that i may have missed.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:42 pm

Madison is still a top tier CB and when he signed that back loaded deal he was worth every penny. im not surprised he isnt jumping at the chance to give that money up. madison wouldnt sign to be a nickel back anywhere though. he would still be a #1 corner on most teams.

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk