What Players Do You Hate? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What Players Do You Hate?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What Players Do You Hate?

Postby CC » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:04 pm

One for offence and one for defence, throw in a coach if you'd like.

Offence: Peyton Manning - Sure he's really good, I just don't really like him. I don't have to have a reason it's just like that. A close second is Shaun Alexander, who I think only runs hard inside the 5-yard line and is overrated.

Defence: Warren Sapp - That cheap shot on Clifton was the final straw, and who is he to talk down to the greatest QB of all time, Brett Favre (little bias there). Also Hovan aka wannabe Sapp (with no game I might add) is quite irritating.

Coach: Parcells - Great coach, I just hate him, maybe if the media would get off his dick it wouldn't be so bad.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:08 pm

Terrell Owens. I don't think I need to explain with all of the news he's been associated with recently - although I've been a longtime anti-T.O. guy (except in FF terms).
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby koffeeboy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:33 pm

Hey Cheesehead:

Do you ever watch the games?

I know that this isn't an column of who is overrated, etc... It is a personality/performance column... but...

Hovan is not a wannabe Sapp...

Manning, I'll agree, tends to have a 'Boy Band' thing going...

Alexander is utilized incorrectly in Seattle... Not his fault...

Sapp is a big mouth... But he has a had a great run... Get off of the Clifton thing... I believe you may be bias there...

AND:

If Parcells, was all that bad... Why is it that he gets so much respect from all of the NFL players... Not just the media?

And I personally love the spice that T.O. adds to the league.

My votes:

I will second Manning, just out of hate for his down home country cornbread image...

Lavar Arrington... He isn't better than Lewis, Urlacher or half of the other LB's in the league...

And I hate any coach that is in the Raiders division... Shanahan... Vermiel... Schottenheimer...
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:42 pm

This is a tough one but I have to go with priest holmes for most hated offensive player. I say this is tough because he is a former longhorn so its hard to hate him but heres why. He's extremely overrated, he puts up the TD numbers but he runs behind the best o-line in the nfl by a mile and he still only had 3, 100yd+ games he has no breakaway speed and doesnt have the strength to break tackles, if you put him behind the dolphins or chargers line along with the 9 man fronts Ricky and LT2 faced this year i doubt he breaks 1100 yds and 5 tds. Honourable Mention: Peyton manning, Shocker, TO, Bill Schroeder, Marshall Faulk, Tommy Maddox

Alrite and Now for defense it has to be Brian Urlacher. When one looks up overrated in the dictionary they will find a picture of Brian Urlacher beside the definition. He's soft, a poor tackler and if he weren't white no one woud give a damn who he was. The second the bears lost the combo of Mt. Washington and Keith Traylor in the middle spelled the downfall of Urlacher. Honourable Mention: Chris Hovan, Michael Strahan, Donald Driver, Joey Porter, Leonard Little

My Hated Coach: anyone who has any interest in the dolphins should hate Dave Wanstedt, hes such a dumb SOB he siglehandedly costed them numerous games over the past two years noteably the new england game two years ago when he decided to throw on three straight downs from his own endzone instead of handing it to Ricky who had already carved up the pats for 185 yds thats costed them the playoffs. Honourable Mention: Bill Belichick, Mike Sherman, Dan Reeves,

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:45 pm

Woah, I missed the Shaun Alexander comment...

...koffeeboy summed it up pretty good about him not being utilized correctly - however you have a point about his running style. He does kind of glide behind the line waiting for a hole to open which usually results in a loss of two yards, or a gain of five or six.

Shaun Alexander r0x0rz s0x0rz.

Getting back on topic, some other people I dislike include...

Keyshawn Johnson, Mike Shanahan, Mike Tice, Mike Martz, Brenda Warner, Jeremy Shockey, Al Davis, Bill Romanowski, Warren Sapp, Joey Galloway, and numerous others.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canacuna » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:49 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:This is a tough one but I have to go with priest holmes for most hated offensive player. I say this is tough because he is a former longhorn so its hard to hate him but heres why. He's extremely overrated, he puts up the TD numbers but he runs behind the best o-line in the nfl by a mile and he still only had 3, 100yd+ games he has no breakaway speed and doesnt have the strength to break tackles, if you put him behind the dolphins or chargers line along with the 9 man fronts Ricky and LT2 faced this year i doubt he breaks 1100 yds and 5 tds.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention Priest Holmes as overrated.

"Gee, that guy who had 1,500 rushing yards, 700 receiving yards, and almost 30 TDs isn't that good..."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:52 pm

Most hated offense: TO, Meshawn

Most hated Defense: Sapp....shuttup already. No one wants to listen to this fatass complain about every little thing anymore...

As far as Manning being overhyped, Mcnair is clearly the most overhyped QB. Not that he doesn't deserve hype, but anytime I watch a game with Mcnair, or an analyst talk about the Titans, you'd think that he was paying them to bow to him..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:58 pm

Like I said his numbers are good but his abilitys are over-estimated, he should never be mentioned in the same breath as the league elite skillwise--> Ricky Williams, LT2, Protis, Deuce McAllister, Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green and Fraud Taylor when hes healthy. His numbers are a direct result of their offense the oline more specifically. I just wanted to add that he had 3 tds in the minnesota game, im pretty sure he didnt dominate that game.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:05 pm

koffeeboy wrote:Hey Cheesehead:

Do you ever watch the games?

I know that this isn't an column of who is overrated, etc... It is a personality/performance column... but...

Hovan is not a wannabe Sapp...

Manning, I'll agree, tends to have a 'Boy Band' thing going...

Alexander is utilized incorrectly in Seattle... Not his fault...

Sapp is a big mouth... But he has a had a great run... Get off of the Clifton thing... I believe you may be bias there...

AND:

If Parcells, was all that bad... Why is it that he gets so much respect from all of the NFL players... Not just the media?

And I personally love the spice that T.O. adds to the league.

My votes:

I will second Manning, just out of hate for his down home country cornbread image...

Lavar Arrington... He isn't better than Lewis, Urlacher or half of the other LB's in the league...

And I hate any coach that is in the Raiders division... Shanahan... Vermiel... Schottenheimer...

A. Yes I do watch the games. Thank you for asking.

B. I started this thread so who are you to tell me what it is about.

C. Hovan is a wannabe Sapp in that he tries to mouth Brett Favre off so that he gets more recogntion around the league.

D. I feel with you on Manning.

E. I never said Sapp wasn't good, I said I didn't like him, and that WAS a cheap shot on Clifton.

F. I don't care how Alexander is utilized, I'm not holding it against him, I just think he doesn't run hard and that is not a result of how he is utilized.

G. Again, don't try to give me reasons not to hate a person, Parcells in this case, it's not going to change my mind. Plus, I'm not going to try to dissuade you in your opinions (Although I disagree with you on Arrington).

F. I too love the spice TO brings to the league, the Sharpie, pom poms, and even dancing on the star in Dallas (although distasteful) all made me laugh.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 pm

Way to justify the points, CC! ;-D

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk