What Players Do You Hate? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What Players Do You Hate?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:05 am

My most frequently loathed;
Offense-Obviously Priest. Lumbers through gaping holes and can barely stay up long enough to fall into the end zone.
But seriously-Candy Moss. Whiney beyotch who should be the greatest player the world has ever seen, but doesn't feel like giving her all. I wish her high scholl coach would giving different pre-game speeches than; "lets give it 60% out there guys" or "hey, nobody can expect you to try all the time" . If the best WR in the game could be a waste of talent...
Defense-Sapp is the waddle-away fav here. Over-rated, fast becoming all talk. Hate players that fall in love with the camera and neglect their game. What team has signed this game breaker?
Coach-Wannstedt. I hate Tuna, but at least he wins. Wannstedt is the prototype for the play not to lose O that I despise. Year after year does less with more, though the signing of Feeley may change that *extreme sarcasm*. I hate him with the white hot fury of a thousand Suns.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hayesb26 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:13 am

moochman wrote:My most frequently loathed;
Offense-Obviously Priest. Lumbers through gaping holes and can barely stay up long enough to fall into the end zone.
But seriously-Candy Moss. Whiney beyotch who should be the greatest player the world has ever seen, but doesn't feel like giving her all. I wish her high scholl coach would giving different pre-game speeches than; "lets give it 60% out there guys" or "hey, nobody can expect you to try all the time" . If the best WR in the game could be a waste of talent...
Defense-Sapp is the waddle-away fav here. Over-rated, fast becoming all talk. Hate players that fall in love with the camera and neglect their game. What team has signed this game breaker?
Coach-Wannstedt. I hate Tuna, but at least he wins. Wannstedt is the prototype for the play not to lose O that I despise. Year after year does less with more, though the signing of Feeley may change that *extreme sarcasm*. I hate him with the white hot fury of a thousand Suns.

All three of those I agree with, especially Moss and Sapp..
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:18 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:Like I said his numbers are good but his abilitys are over-estimated, he should never be mentioned in the same breath as the league elite skillwise--> Ricky Williams, LT2, Protis, Deuce McAllister, Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green and Fraud Taylor when hes healthy. His numbers are a direct result of their offense the oline more specifically. I just wanted to add that he had 3 tds in the minnesota game, im pretty sure he didnt dominate that game.

Fred Taylor? If anyone he doesnt deserve to be placed up their with these guys.

You say Priest Holmes had the best offensive line, but didn't Jamal Lewis run behind 2-3 Pro Bowl O-linemen this year? Wasn't his O-line touted as being one of the best if not the best. Yet Jamal couldnt score as many TDs as Priest Holmes. Also, Lewis turned the ball over 6 times in the regular season, Priest didn't fumble once.

I would agree that LT2 is possibly the best back in the entire league, however Priest is the only back that muddles that situation. Ricky Williams may have faced 9 man fronts like you said, but every defense should know by now, you have to shut down Priest if you want to keep the Chiefs in check. Tony Gonzales isn't more of a threat than Chris Chambers in receiving, and Trent Green is such an overrated stat-padded QB (thanks to dump passes to Priest Holmes), certainly no better than Jay Fiedler. Yet Ricky Williams averaged close to 3 yards per carry this year, and that is to be solely blamed on the offensive lines? That's quite a stretch.

Anyway:

Offense: I'd say TO because I hate his personality more than anybody in the NFL, but considering how much I hate him and the fact that I'd still rather he play for Philly than not, I have to say I hate Todd Pinkston the most. He still can't even run the right routes.

Defense: Warren Sapp. Just plain disrespectful of everything and everyone. Though I do love him on offensive. Its just hilarious to see how giddy lineman are when they get the ball.

Coach: Steve Spurrier. To proud to change his philosophy to compete in the big leagues.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:47 pm

You obviously did not watch any dolphins games, Ricky was buried behind the line of scrimmage 45% of his carries and that is a bonafide stat not an estimation, their line was so horendous that there was penetration into the backfield before he even got to start moving. Jamal Lewis didnt have as many TD's because their offnse could not move the ball and he created all of his own tds. If youve ever watched a chiefs game you'd see that priest does not make one yard that his line doesnt make for him, and his receiving numbers are a result of his o-line being so mobile and great on the screens, yes the ravens line is good but they're one dimensional they are strictly a run blocking line accept for ogden who is the best o-lineman in the league. TD's are a measure of your teams offense but yards are a more a measure of individual skills. Id just like to add that Ricky had 4 more 100yd games than priest, the so called man who can "muddle" LT2's status as best rb in the league. If he was so great why did the Ravens draft Jamal Lewis?

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:41 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:You obviously did not watch any dolphins games, Ricky was buried behind the line of scrimmage 45% of his carries and that is a bonafide stat not an estimation, their line was so horendous that there was penetration into the backfield before he even got to start moving. Jamal Lewis didnt have as many TD's because their offnse could not move the ball and he created all of his own tds. If youve ever watched a chiefs game you'd see that priest does not make one yard that his line doesnt make for him, and his receiving numbers are a result of his o-line being so mobile and great on the screens, yes the ravens line is good but they're one dimensional they are strictly a run blocking line accept for ogden who is the best o-lineman in the league. TD's are a measure of your teams offense but yards are a more a measure of individual skills. Id just like to add that Ricky had 4 more 100yd games than priest, the so called man who can "muddle" LT2's status as best rb in the league. If he was so great why did the Ravens draft Jamal Lewis?

Priest didnt get the chances that Ricky did. Miami constantly pounded ricky so the opposition constantly pounded LBS, i watched. priest is on an offense with the 2nd leading passer yardage wise. if priest got the carries that ricky did, you wouldnt be saying that.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:58 pm

priest is the man ;-D I think some of us were watching a different priest than others.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:18 pm

Bleh, you're really stretching it maddog. Fiedler as good as Green? The o-line doesn't make that big of a difference? C'mon, just ask people that had Olandis Gary about that one...

I would say Priest is an amazing running back. That being said, I agree he is mildly overrated, somewhat of a system RB if you will. Now granted, he's not just some average back plugged into a great system. What he is is a good to great back plugged into a great system. Vermeil's system can make any RB excel, much like Denver's. The difference is, when you plug an already good RB into that system (Like TD/Portis in Denver), they produce insane numbers instead of just great numbers. That doesn't make Priest the best RB in the league...Like has been said, he couldn't even hold the starting job in a standard system. Again, that doesn't mean he's not good, he's just better fit to a system like Vermeil's. I liken it to them being a great fit for each other, not Priest being the best of the best.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joester » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:33 pm

I hate Brett Favre................I dunno why but I just never ever liked this guy.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:36 pm

joester wrote:I hate Brett Favre................I dunno why but I just never ever liked this guy.

everyone remember that night in oakland after his dad died? yeah that performance made me lose 1 of my championships. i was up by 27 and that mean favre needed to have a good day, he scored 41 points, i never felt the same about him since :-[
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:08 pm

In the era of Fantasy sport it's hard to hold hatred for one player. Typically, you'll be rooting for him within the next season or two.

On the other hand, it's more about hating teams for me.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk