What Players Do You Hate? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What Players Do You Hate?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:52 pm

awwchrist wrote:In the era of Fantasy sport it's hard to hold hatred for one player. Typically, you'll be rooting for him within the next season or two.

On the other hand, it's more about hating teams for me.

I don't think so. If I absolutly hate someone, I won't draft or pick them up. I have always hated Rickey Watters, and I booed him every time I went to a Hawks game and they would introduce him.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Strider » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:29 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
koffeeboy wrote:Hey Cheesehead:

Do you ever watch the games?

I know that this isn't an column of who is overrated, etc... It is a personality/performance column... but...

Hovan is not a wannabe Sapp...

Manning, I'll agree, tends to have a 'Boy Band' thing going...

Alexander is utilized incorrectly in Seattle... Not his fault...

Sapp is a big mouth... But he has a had a great run... Get off of the Clifton thing... I believe you may be bias there...

AND:

If Parcells, was all that bad... Why is it that he gets so much respect from all of the NFL players... Not just the media?

And I personally love the spice that T.O. adds to the league.

My votes:

I will second Manning, just out of hate for his down home country cornbread image...

Lavar Arrington... He isn't better than Lewis, Urlacher or half of the other LB's in the league...

And I hate any coach that is in the Raiders division... Shanahan... Vermiel... Schottenheimer...

A. Yes I do watch the games. Thank you for asking.

B. I started this thread so who are you to tell me what it is about.

C. Hovan is a wannabe Sapp in that he tries to mouth Brett Favre off so that he gets more recogntion around the league.

D. I feel with you on Manning.

E. I never said Sapp wasn't good, I said I didn't like him, and that WAS a cheap shot on Clifton.

F. I don't care how Alexander is utilized, I'm not holding it against him, I just think he doesn't run hard and that is not a result of how he is utilized.

G. Again, don't try to give me reasons not to hate a person, Parcells in this case, it's not going to change my mind. Plus, I'm not going to try to dissuade you in your opinions (Although I disagree with you on Arrington).

F. I too love the spice TO brings to the league, the Sharpie, pom poms, and even dancing on the star in Dallas (although distasteful) all made me laugh.

BTW that has been recognized as a FAIR SHOT the idiot clifton just wasn't payin attention so he got nailed and your just pissed cause he got hurt and sapp ALWAYS sacks favre and makes the old geyser hurt his thumb (AGAIN)

and i also agree that alexander is not that good
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chilifries » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:46 am

TheHeat24 wrote:Alrite and Now for defense it has to be Brian Urlacher. When one looks up overrated in the dictionary they will find a picture of Brian Urlacher beside the definition. He's soft, a poor tackler and if he weren't white no one woud give a damn who he was. The second the bears lost the combo of Mt. Washington and Keith Traylor in the middle spelled the downfall of Urlacher. Honourable Mention: Chris Hovan, Michael Strahan, Donald Driver, Joey Porter, Leonard Little

:-?

Last time I checked Donald Driver played receiver for GB.
Chilifries

Friendliness: %

Postby CC » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:34 pm

Strider wrote:
BTW that has been recognized as a FAIR SHOT the idiot clifton just wasn't payin attention so he got nailed and your just pissed cause he got hurt and sapp ALWAYS sacks favre and makes the old geyser hurt his thumb (AGAIN)

and i also agree that alexander is not that good

Sounds like someone is a little bit bitter the Packers are a better team than them. Vikings anyone?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:11 pm

I hate Brett Favre. I hate tough guys. I hate greatness ;-7

Seriously.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lushcrush » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:21 pm

OK, I'll play ...
Without a doubt - Dexter Coakley - Dallas LB punk.
Two years ago, I snagged McNair at QB and was ready to hit fantasy cruise-control. Right? No. Titans play the Cowboys, about the second series Coakley bulldogs McNair, carries him about 10 yards out of bounds and rams him head and shoulder first into a huge equipment locker. McNair hasn't been the same since. It also harshed my fantasy mellow for several weeks while I did the McNair "will he play, will he sit" thing. Coakley is just a little man trying to show everybody how tough he is. Reminds me of Romanowski.
:-t :-t :-t
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:32 pm

awwchrist wrote:In the era of Fantasy sport it's hard to hold hatred for one player. Typically, you'll be rooting for him within the next season or two.

On the other hand, it's more about hating teams for me.

Well my hatred of Shaun Alexander came about because he was on my fantasy team.

Drafted him as the 4th overall pick in 2002. I was disappointed with him all year, watched as he would explode one game and disappear the next. The guy has no heart, no fight.....completely tenative hitting the holes, unless he is within 3 yards of the end-zone.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:41 pm

I can't stand Madden.

retire already, I'm tired of watching games with the mute on because of this slobbering goof.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TTTBone » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:23 pm

Okay...
Most hated retired: Deion, Chris Carter, Michael Irvin - I hate self-promoting hypocrites.
Honorable Mention: Dierdorf, Jim McMahon, Theisman
Most hated current: Ray Lewis - the guy's an awesome player, but really full of himself, and got off on a murder charge.
Hovan - Shut the hell up and show me something.
Shockey - grade-A player, grade-A dumbass.
Honorable Mention: Emmitt Smith - it's over, retire already.
Coaches: Shanahan (aka the Weasel) actually once installed cameras to spy on players and coaches meetings; good coach, complete a-hole.
Tice - the jury's still out on him as a head coach, but the guy's an ass.
Honorable Mention: Wannstadt, Billick.
Teams: Bears - Hard to hate losers, but still #1
Honorable Mention: Cowboys, Vikings
Last edited by TTTBone on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:24 pm

Chilifries wrote:
TheHeat24 wrote:Alrite and Now for defense it has to be Brian Urlacher. When one looks up overrated in the dictionary they will find a picture of Brian Urlacher beside the definition. He's soft, a poor tackler and if he weren't white no one woud give a damn who he was. The second the bears lost the combo of Mt. Washington and Keith Traylor in the middle spelled the downfall of Urlacher. Honourable Mention: Chris Hovan, Michael Strahan, Donald Driver, Joey Porter, Leonard Little

:-?

Last time I checked Donald Driver played receiver for GB.

my bad i meant to include him in the offensive players

and argos Im waiting for my nfl team in toronto as well!

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk