Baltimore to Trade T.O.? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Baltimore to Trade T.O.?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Baltimore to Trade T.O.?

Postby Canacuna » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:03 pm

KFFL.com wrote:Ravens | Owens Not Happy; Ravens Already Thinking Trade? - from http://www.KFFL.com
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 10:46:49 -0800

Updating ongoing reports, Baltimore Ravens WR Terrell Owens isn't happy with his former team, the San Francisco 49ers. He's made it clear that the Philadelphia Eagles were his first choice and the 49ers ended up trading him to Baltimore instead. Owens wasn't sure if he'd report to the Ravens, as his representatives are pursuing this matter further with the NFL. "At this point, I can't say what I'm going to do," Owens said during an interview with ESPN. ESPN also reports the Ravens would entertain thoughts of trading Owens – but it would have to be for more than the second-round choice they gave up for him.

Source: KFFL NFL Hotwire
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:14 pm

Wow, how often does that happen? Trading for a player, then turning around and trading him again. They'd have to get more than what they traded for him and I dunno if the Eagles can match that offer.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:23 pm

Maybe Thrash and a 2nd or 3rd rounder? Pretty bad offer, but still if he doesn't want to play for you, you might as well get something for him.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:35 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Maybe Thrash and a 2nd or 3rd rounder? Pretty bad offer, but still if he doesn't want to play for you, you might as well get something for him.

I agree. I would say thrash and a 2nd rounder.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:45 pm

I think thrash is absolute garbage, If I were the Ravens I would be demanding a 2nd or 3rd rounder and freddie mitchell or potentially Correll Buckhalter with this Jamal Lewis Business.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:47 pm

screw it.......play hardball.......1st rounder or shut up........errr how about just shut up already,,,,,,,sick of his shhhhhhhhhh
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:53 pm

I feel you man, I cant stand his whining like a lil b****, if he hired a better agent in the first place none of this would have happened, and what makes him think that he is bigger than the league and complain about the way he is traded...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mannubhai » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:45 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:screw it.......play hardball.......1st rounder or shut up........errr how about just shut up already,,,,,,,sick of his shhhhhhhhhh

Anything less than a first rounder would be not acceptable. Besides if it will be late first round if the trade happens with Eagles. Ideally Baltimore should get a first rounder and a second rounder.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:13 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:screw it.......play hardball.......1st rounder or shut up........errr how about just shut up already,,,,,,,sick of his shhhhhhhhhh

i agree but i want him OUT of baltimore :-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:17 am

I say really play hardball and call his bluff. He and his agent were too stupid to get his paperwork in order, so he now has a contract with the Ravens for 3(?) years. There is no way that TO is going to sit for 3 years. That would be career suicide, he may as well just retire. I'd tell him when to come to camp and explian to he and his agent about the policy regarding fines for missing camp/games. Then tell him TO stands for Two Options-come to camp or pay the price.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk