Baltimore to Trade T.O.? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Baltimore to Trade T.O.?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Roseman » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:00 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:screw it.......play hardball.......1st rounder or shut up........errr how about just shut up already,,,,,,,sick of his shhhhhhhhhh

I am sick of hearing about this punk ass too.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Endzone Express » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:17 pm

moochman wrote:I say really play hardball and call his bluff... Tell him TO stands for Two Options-come to camp or pay the price.

Now that's funny! :-b :-b :-b
[img][/img]

It is a special time and a special place... where young men go in search of fame... each sharing a common goal: To Win A National Championship!

There is NO PLACE like NEBRASKA!
Endzone Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:26 pm

i dont think there is any point of even adding Thrash to that trade. Would he ven make the team? the guy is terrible. a glorified kick returner is all. if im baltimore and get a first for him, id pray to God the trade gets un done and they can get there pick back. who wants a player who clearly doesnt want to be on your team. and when the hell did players get to chose their trades??? :-t
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:26 pm

I really don't see T.O. playing in Baltimore next year. You don't just throw temper tantrums like this and then have an excellent career with a team.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Strider » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:15 am

TheHeat24 wrote:I think thrash is absolute garbage, If I were the Ravens I would be demanding a 2nd or 3rd rounder and freddie mitchell or potentially Correll Buckhalter with this Jamal Lewis Business.

yea thrash is small and can;t catch to save his life...

HE SUCKS
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:10 pm

no WAY would the eagles give up a frist and a second. Theyw ould rather address wr through the draft at that point. Considering hardly anyone was making a serious run at him when san fran was trading him. All-pro or not, market conditions come to play too. Eagles would probably give a second and a fifth, or say mcmullen and a second. other than that, I don't want owens at that price. OR this year's first. I mean serisouly, the Ravens will have upgraded their pick from second to first for absoloutely nothing really.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:27 pm

eaglesrule wrote:Eagles would probably give a second and a fifth, or say mcmullen and a second.

The Eagles were given the opportunity to improve on Baltimore's offer of a 2nd round pick and they didn't do it, so it's doubtful they would offer more than a 2nd round pick to get him now.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:34 pm

um, I heard that no, they weren;t given the opportunity to improve it. In fact the front office learned of said trade via espn. It hink that is closer to the truth, obvisouly they would have improved on it, otherwise they wouldn;t be complaining. Considering the way the niners FO has handled this, it seems amazing to me that everyone is taking their word for it.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:59 pm

San Francisco general manager Terry Donahue said Eagles coach Andy Reid offered a fifth-round pick and wide receiver James Thrash for Owens.

"We had no interest in that whatsoever," Donahue said.

Donahue said he countered with a list of other players he'd want for Owens, but the teams couldn't agree on a deal.

"I told Andy we were going to move really quick and that we had a second-round pick and that if he had any further interest to call me back," Donahue said.

The Eagles wouldn't comment Friday. Owens' agent, David Joseph, didn't return phone calls from The Associated Press.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/03/06/sports0444EST0318.DTL

What sounds more realistic? The story above, or the Eagle's story that the 49'ers never gave them the opportunity to improve the Ravens offer? Even if they never gave the Eagles that opportunity, so what? They are under no obligation to do so.

The reason the Eagles are complaining is that they're bitter Owens' agent turned the paperwork in late. If he was a FA, he'd probably be an Eagle.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:14 pm

he is saying that now ...

sounds to me like they had the understandings of a deal, and he turned around and did something else. While legal, defintiely a little borderline if you agreed to do business
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk