NFL players association to work on TO's behalf...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL players association to work on TO's behalf......

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL players association to work on TO's behalf......

Postby fantasizing » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:43 pm

more on this ridiculous saga.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1753313
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:11 pm

this is so stupid. he didnt file for free agency. thats his fault. he should know his own contract. he got traded. he isnt the gm. he is the employee. have fun baltimore with your wasted talent and have fun TO catching passes from Bowler.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:22 pm

Yep, don't really know what they can do, everything that was done was well within the rules.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:23 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:this is so stupid. he didnt file for free agency. thats his fault. he should know his own contract.

He did know his own contract. It said March 2nd. It was the player's union arbitrarily moving the FA declaration date back two weeks that muddied the waters. I'm not a lawyer, so I have no idea what sort of legitimate legal grievance he has, but I think it's a common sense one at least. I get the feeling if it were Dennis Northcutt making these waves, you'd be more supportive of him and say he got screwed.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:30 pm

and TWO YEARS ago that date was changed and agreed upon by his representation (NFLPA). the date for him was the same date for everyone else. that is his responsibility and he missed the date. the teams should not be penalized for this.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:31 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Purple_Pride wrote:this is so stupid. he didnt file for free agency. thats his fault. he should know his own contract.

He did know his own contract. It said March 2nd. It was the player's union arbitrarily moving the FA declaration date back two weeks that muddied the waters.

Thanks KG, I had heard a while back that the player's union had moved the date. This is the crux of the whole controversy; The players union is headed by the dumbest pres of any union, Gene Upshaw. He is trying to undo his bafoonery because he didn't alert the players and agent properly, it appears.
The people that TO should be angry at are the very ones that are supposed to have his back-the union, notable Gene Upshaw.
Now of course he wants to make TO a F/A, and heck why not "we all knew he wanted to leave the 9ers". What an embarrassingly asinine statement for a man in his position to make. I'm beginning to think he might have been a football player once!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk