Couch Out, Garcia In? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Couch Out, Garcia In?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Couch Out, Garcia In?

Postby slowkidz » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:59 am

Browns made an offer to Garcia on Sunday. Somewhere around $8mill for two years, plus incentives. More than what they offered Couch in his contract negotiations (somewhere around $3mil over 3yrs). There should be some word later today if this works out. Good news for me as I can't stand Couch anywho. I'll take Garcia any day!! Now we just need to work on our Oline. There is also a possibility that we may sign Ron Stone to replace O'Hara that signed with the Giants. Plus Gallery is looking like the top Draft Prospect for us come April.

Browns Offer Deal to Garcia
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:11 am

Ironically, that could help Couch's value if they let him go.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby AF » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:15 am

I would like to see this happen then dump Holcome or Couch. That would leave us with a good starter and a decent back-up. Garcia is also a QB that can move well so with our weak O-line he would be able to avoid sacks better then Couch did. Not saying that I don't think the Browns would need more O-line help but Garcia would deal with a bad line better then Couch did. If the Browns can get some O-line help whoknows they may be able to run the ball next year. A TE would also be a nice addition to open up the passing game to the wide0outs. Maybe Kellen Winslow in the draft if Gallery is taken before the Browns pick. Even though I have Winslow adding him could help the Browns alot.
Last edited by AF on Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:16 am

I say trade him to Dallas or someone needing a QB before releasing him. For some reason Cleveland's FO likes to just let guys go instead of getting some value for them. (i.e. Kevin Johnson, Jamel White...) :-t
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby AF » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:07 am

Yeah I know what you mean. By dumping him I didn't mean just let him go, I meant to say just get rid of him one way or another. I'm sure that they would be able to fish some sort of an O-lineman or something better then what they have now out of somebody for Couch.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Roseman » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:14 am

If garcia signs I guess that mean Couch be off to Dallas.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:51 am

Garcia has better fantasy value in Tampa Bay. :-)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AF » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:03 pm

I'm not so sure about that, the Browns have some sweet WRs.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:07 pm

Hey Slow, if they get Garcia ( a great move,say I) how would that affect the WRs? Would Quincy Morgan get his face off of the milk carton and back on the team photo? Would Northcutt's value increase, or would Andre Davis be the biggest benifactor? If he does sign for the Browns I would upgrade all of their WRs. It's a shame they didn't keep Kev Johnson, he is the perfect WR for Garcia's stlye.
Who ever gets Garcia will be greatly improved. Stupid of teams like the Lions, Cowboys, Cardinals, etc. to not pursue him.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby brownslover » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:24 pm

I think Garcia would fit in well with the Browns. Also, I think that the Browns have the best opportunity to get Garcia, because they are the only team that are offering a for sure starting position.

I think the WRs will respond well to him. Although I have doubts as to how they're going to use Northcutt. I've heard horrid rumors that they aren't going to play him much, with IMO is STUPID.
What's your fat ass doing here?

He's my only means of conveyance. Buuut I guess I do spoil him.
brownslover
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk