Good news for vike's fans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Good news for vike's fans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Good news for vike's fans

Postby steelyeri » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:48 am

apparantly tice is on the recruiting trail....

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/8124992.htm

if you scroll down it says the raiders might be interested in trading for bennett. i doubt it happens though. i would rather they trade for onterrio anyway.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Strider » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:56 am

i like what i am seeing if we could get krzyweski (spelling) we would be a good defense for the first time in years
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:14 am

Rookie Jesse Crain was in the Twins' plans as a top candidate to replace Eddie Guardado as closer even before he began to impress during spring training. Crain has the same easygoing temperament as Twins rookie catcher Joe Mauer, No. 1 on Baseball America's new "Top 100 Prospects" list.

This guy could be really good.

Oops, wrong sport...

New Vikings left cornerback Antoine Winfield: "I'm the best tackler in the NFL. I just don't get credit for it. I'm always around the ball."
Modesty is great isn't it?

Tice has already said that he sin't going to trade Bennett the only thing that the Vikes are interested in from the Raiders is their top pick and they aren't going to give us that for Bennett. I don't see that happening. It would be nice if we could get the LB to sign. I'm not a big Marcus Robinson fan though, I would rather develop Burleson to play opposite Moss. Movin Nick Rogers to DE is also an intriguing idea.

And I would have to agree with this:
Contrary to reports elsewhere, Gophers freshman Kris Humphries, who is a cinch to opt for June's NBA draft, would have loved it if Rick Rickert had remained at Minnesota as a teammate.
Last edited by M_Zimm_ffc on Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Strider » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:18 am

yea rickert was an idiot for leaving MN
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelyeri » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:22 am

M_Zimm wrote: Tice has already said that he sin't going to trade Bennett

tice says a lot of things. doesn't mean you should believe him. i'm not saying they will trade bennet to the raiders because i said that i doubt it will happen. but if you recall this past season tice said things he was or wasn't going to do and most of them didn't happen. lots of people made (fantasy) roster moves acordingly an suffered. that's why i think we should take what he says with a grain of salt.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Strider » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:26 am

games are a lot different than offseason moves you say stuff to through the other teams defense off and make them whine when they realize they have been fooled
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:26 am

steelyeri wrote:
M_Zimm wrote: Tice has already said that he sin't going to trade Bennett

tice says a lot of things. doesn't mean you should believe him. i'm not saying they will trade bennet to the raiders because i said that i doubt it will happen. but if you recall this past season tice said things he was or wasn't going to do and most of them didn't happen. lots of people made (fantasy) roster moves acordingly an suffered. that's why i think we should take what he says with a grain of salt.

Yes, but Tice is dirrectly in charge of what happens with Bennett. He will not led Red trade him if he wants him to stay. Sometimes in game you have to do different things to throw the other team off. I don't see any reason why he would say he isn't trading him if he intends to. I have read reports that more teams that the Raiders are interested in him and Tice did not entertain the offers at all.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:37 pm

Antoine Winfield as stated earlier is a very good tackler. He's not the best in the league, but he's one of, if not the best, tackling corners in the league. Its not so much his tackling ability as it is his willingness to come up and play the run. I'm not very pleased the Vikes managed to snag him.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pmix » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:49 pm

Just heard on Foxs Sports Radio.

Vikes sign Marcus Robinson, wr.

Haven't found a link yet.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/8137106.htm

Thoughts??
I'M A CERTIFIED 'SPECIAL MASTER'
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelyeri » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:28 pm

M_Zimm wrote:Sometimes in game you have to do different things to throw the other team off. I don't see any reason why he would say he isn't trading him if he intends to.

i do see a reason. people do it all the time. sometimes it adds to what other teams will give you for a player. and again i don't expect bennet to be traded, but i wouldn't beleive it only because tice said it. all i'm saying is he has shown that he likes to throw people off so that they won't know his plans.

steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk