David Boston to be Traded? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

David Boston to be Traded?

Moderator: Football Moderators

David Boston to be Traded?

Postby Canacuna » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:01 pm

SignOnSanDiego.com wrote:Boston's situation probably has moved to the front burner because he is due a $3 million bonus this month as part of the potential $47 million deal he signed last March. It's possible the Chargers are trying to withhold the bonus or recoup $3 million of the $3.9 million in guaranteed salary Boston is due this season.

One team that's known to have interest in Boston is Miami, which this offseason hired Jerry Sullivan as receivers coach. Sullivan coached Boston for four seasons in Arizona, and the two maintained a positive relationship even after Boston fled the Cardinals a year ago.

One rumor last night was that Miami would surrender a third-round draft choice for Boston, although that seems inadequate for a player who went to the Pro Bowl several years ago. But it could be that the Chargers view it as addition by subtraction.

Source: Chargers Said to Be Considering Trade
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TTTBone » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:06 pm

I was just about to post this. Beat me to it 'Cuna.
Feeley throwing to Chambers and Boston could prove interesting.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:09 pm

I'll be the first to say it. Boston is not the problem in SD......the QB is. Brees has about as much arm strength as my grandma, and Flutie is about her age.

Sure he's a bit of a malcontent, but he has loads of talent. SD needs to sign a QB that can actually deliver the ball to Boston. They already missed out on Brunell and Garcia.....now it looks like they're going to shoot themselves in the foot by trading Boston for a third round pick or some "magic" beans, whichever offer comes in first.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Purple_Pride » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:14 pm

I agree with Bucky here. Boston is too much like TO for my tastes BUT give him a good QB who get him the ball and I think he'll keep happy and post good numbers for many years.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelyeri » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:33 pm

Buckychudd wrote:Brees has about as much arm strength as my grandma, and Flutie is about her age.

lol, good one

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:37 pm

I agree with can. wkae up SD! their passing game will be even more of a mess if they do this. This trade would make Miami look a little smarter in the passing game though :-) As long as Feeley performs somewhat better than fiedler, i think they will have quite a team next year, especially on Offense. The problem is will Feeley perform? :-?
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:38 pm

Man, I have Boston in my dynasty league, and despite what everyone else thinks, if he had a QB, not even a good one, he would be really good. Case and point, Jake Plummer. I hope he doesn't go to Miami, I'd rather him be the only WR in SD. Philly, make a push for Boston.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:42 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Philly, make a push for Boston.

...I hope Boston can catch with his feet...

San Diego just needs to sign or trade for a decent QB. Jon Kitna might be able to be had in a trade. Tim Couch isn't great, but is decent.

Brees did look good two years ago, though and is still young. I don't think it's time to give up on him completely just yet.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:44 pm

I think a trade from SD could only help Boston fantasy-wise.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:34 pm

Buckychudd wrote:I'll be the first to say it. Boston is not the problem in SD......the QB is. Brees has about as much arm strength as my grandma, and Flutie is about her age.

Sure he's a bit of a malcontent, but he has loads of talent. SD needs to sign a QB that can actually deliver the ball to Boston. They already missed out on Brunell and Garcia.....now it looks like they're going to shoot themselves in the foot by trading Boston for a third round pick or some "magic" beans, whichever offer comes in first.

Yup. Boston's numbers skyrocketed when Flutie took over at the QB position. Coincidence? I think not. He'd definitely be a good signing for Philadelphia or Miami (but we know they don't sign anyone. :-b ).
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk