David Boston to be Traded? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

David Boston to be Traded?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Purple_Pride » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:43 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Buckychudd wrote:I'll be the first to say it. Boston is not the problem in SD......the QB is. Brees has about as much arm strength as my grandma, and Flutie is about her age.

Sure he's a bit of a malcontent, but he has loads of talent. SD needs to sign a QB that can actually deliver the ball to Boston. They already missed out on Brunell and Garcia.....now it looks like they're going to shoot themselves in the foot by trading Boston for a third round pick or some "magic" beans, whichever offer comes in first.

Yup. Boston's numbers skyrocketed when Flutie took over at the QB position. Coincidence? I think not. He'd definitely be a good signing for Philadelphia or Miami (but we know they don't sign anyone. :-b ).

except for Jevon Kearse of course. lol.

but fantasy wise if he went anywhere with a good Qb (philly- yes. mimai- no)then he could easily be a top 5 fantasy reciever. or if San Diego brought in someone like Kitna to get the job done. Though I think Cinci would be foolish to let him go anywhere and not have a plan B to Carson Palmer.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:06 pm

Canacuna wrote:...I hope Boston can catch with his feet...

Hey now! McNabb only throws them that low because as everyone in Philly has noticed Chad Lewis can't seem to hold onto the ball if it's above his waist. ;-)
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JrcWy » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:24 pm

NittanyLions wrote:This trade would make Miami look a little smarter in the passing game though as long as Feeley performs somewhat better than fiedler, i think they will have quite a team next year, especially on Offense. The problem is will Feeley perform?

Don't count on much from Miami's offense, even with Boston. Truth is that there O-line is terrible and took a huge leap backwars this offseason. As a phins fan, it troubles me that Miami doesnt realize this. Management thinks that with a good QB, RB, and wide receiver, you dont need a line. All you have to do is look north to Buffalo's offense to realize that won't get you far. As for the trade, I don't see anyone trading that kind of talent for a 3rd round pick. Miami would surely be outbid.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:49 pm

maddog60 wrote:

Hey now! McNabb only throws them that low because as everyone in Philly has noticed Chad Lewis can't seem to hold onto the ball if it's above his waist. ;-)

LOL, nice canacuna... ;-D

id think boston would have to rework his contract if he is trading cuz hes making WAY more than he has proven to be worth...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:53 pm

terpfan wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

id think boston would have to rework his contract if he is trading cuz hes making WAY more than he has proven to be worth...

its not like san diego is going to cut him so there is no way that he would take any pay cut IMO.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:55 pm

Purple_Pride wrote:
terpfan wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

its not like san diego is going to cut him so there is no way that he would take any pay cut IMO.

im saying if he doesnt atleast rework his contract no one is going to take him.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:05 pm

Boston is very talented. His numbers suffered last season because 1) Martyball meant 1 and 10=run, 2 and 9=run, 3 and 8=pass, incomplete. and 2) D. Brees can't find Boston on a 3rd and 8, He sucks that bad.

Put Boston on a team that is pass-oriented with an accurate QB, and his numbers would skyrocket him to a top 5 reciever.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:28 pm

fantasizing wrote:Boston is very talented. His numbers suffered last season because 1) Martyball meant 1 and 10=run, 2 and 9=run, 3 and 8=pass, incomplete. and 2) D. Brees can't find Boston on a 3rd and 8, He sucks that bad.

Put Boston on a team that is pass-oriented with an accurate QB, and his numbers would skyrocket him to a top 5 reciever.

Oh yeah, SD was TERRIBLE at running the ball this season :-?
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:42 pm

Football Newbie wrote:
fantasizing wrote:Boston is very talented. His numbers suffered last season because 1) Martyball meant 1 and 10=run, 2 and 9=run, 3 and 8=pass, incomplete. and 2) D. Brees can't find Boston on a 3rd and 8, He sucks that bad.

What I meant was, that when they were in 3rd and long, they couldn't convert. I didn't mean that they couldn't run the ball.
Probably the reason why Boston's weren't that good IS because they were so successful running the ball.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:43 pm

Football Newbie wrote:

There was a lot of questionable playcalling going on. As talented as LT is, he wasn't nearly as consistent as some owners would've liked (especially the first half of the season). LT should be right up there with Ahman Green and Priest Holmes when it comes to getting 15-20 points almost every Sunday.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk