David Boston to be Traded? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

David Boston to be Traded?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:45 pm

The main reason for LT's inconsistency at times was the SD defense. They would give up 28 points in the first quarter, and then they couldn't run the ball as much.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:51 pm

VHawk15 wrote:The main reason for LT's inconsistency at times was the SD defense. They would give up 28 points in the first quarter, and then they couldn't run the ball as much.

Except for that inexplicable game in week 5 @Jacksonville. Score was close all game (they lost by 6) and LT had a total of 10 carries for 38 yards. That was the game everyone officially started doubting LT.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:36 am

Drew Brees may not be a great passer, but LT had no problem catching the balls he threw. Perhaps Boston should stop being the whiny wimp he was the first half of the season, own up to his shortcomings, go out and prove he wasn't a 1 year fluke.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:40 am

maddog60 wrote:Drew Brees may not be a great passer, but LT had no problem catching the balls he threw. Perhaps Boston should stop being the whiny wimp he was the first half of the season, own up to his shortcomings, go out and prove he wasn't a 1 year fluke.

The one game I saw San Diego play last season, Brees was checking down to LT almost instantly. Not entirely his fault since his o-line might as well have been revolving doors. That's why the offense improved so much when Flutie took over. His experience and style was able to adjust to things that Brees couldn't handle either because of inexperience or inability. I definitely wouldn't place the blame of the Chargers on Boston.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Strider » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:00 am

maybe he'll actually have a good year... what am i sayin i wouldn;t draft him!!!!
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelyeri » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:41 am

if they trade boston then they'll probably take fitz with their pick. I really want the raiders to get him though. oh well, i guess manning or roth aren't half bad.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Strider » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:23 am

if they don;t throw to him might as well trade him!!!!!

i made the mistake of drafting him in the fourth round!!!!!!! :-t :-o :~( :-° :-# }:-) :-[ :,-( :-/ :-P
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:41 am

Boston is still a monster, and I'd kill to have him on my FF squad. If SD ever realizes that Drew Brees is NOT an NFL QB it will be a triumphant day in Charger land.

He's the second coming of Kordell Stewart.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:21 pm

awwchrist wrote:Boston is still a monster, and I'd kill to have him on my FF squad. If SD ever realizes that Drew Brees is NOT an NFL QB it will be a triumphant day in Charger land.

He's the second coming of Kordell Stewart.

Thank you, Brees is a little bitch, he has neither the balls or the arm strength to throw downfield. LT is my favorite player, but when your running back is catching 100 passes there's obviously a problem. If anyone saw Boston in Arizona a couple of years ago you would realise that, in the proper situation Boston is probably a top 5 WR.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:31 pm

It's too bad that year in Arizona was Boston's only great year, and he weighed about 60 lbs. less back then.

This guy refuses to listen, takes 90 pills a day, and eventually is gonna get so top-heavy that his ankles just snap.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk