Duce is Loose in Pitt... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Duce is Loose in Pitt...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:24 pm

This is probably bad news for Staley owners. There's no way he'll even get all the carries in a pass-first offense.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:25 pm

That's good for Pittsburgh. They are quickly closing the gap on the other Central Division teams. Without knowing the situation of the TD carries yet, it's still hard to know whether Duce is a middle #2 back or a lower #2 back. If nothing else, he's surely a good bye-week replacement.

Knowing Pittsburgh's propensity for the run, and the possibility of a young QB in Pittsburgh, Staley could be a fantasy force this year!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:54 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:That's good for Pittsburgh. They are quickly closing the gap on the other Central Division teams. Without knowing the situation of the TD carries yet, it's still hard to know whether Duce is a middle #2 back or a lower #2 back. If nothing else, he's surely a good bye-week replacement.

Knowing Pittsburgh's propensity for the run, and the possibility of a young QB in Pittsburgh, Staley could be a fantasy force this year!

Signing a punter and 29 year old RB in a division that is loading up on the passing game doesn't qualify as quickly closing the gap imho.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:09 am

This is definitely an upgrade for Duce owners. Last year's RBBC killed his effectiveness in fantasy football. He's a great fit for the direction Pitt's offense is going, as Duce has always been great with screens and a quality passing back (he had to be, who else is McNabb going to throw to?)

I wouldn't be surprised if Duce makes a solid #2 back in deep leagues. I'm not worried about him getting taken out on red zone carries because duce has proven his ability to run through defenders, drag them a few more yards, and fight his way for more ground. I'd expect the Steelers will have a respectable running game that will relieve pressure off of Burress and Ward, which only works out to everyone's advantage on that offense.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:32 am

KingGhidra wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:That's good for Pittsburgh. They are quickly closing the gap on the other Central Division teams. Without knowing the situation of the TD carries yet, it's still hard to know whether Duce is a middle #2 back or a lower #2 back. If nothing else, he's surely a good bye-week replacement.

Signing a punter and 29 year old RB in a division that is loading up on the passing game doesn't qualify as quickly closing the gap imho.

OK, so I was a little overly optimistic... At least they're trying to find some new blood. I'm just hoping the Central is once again another well balanced division with the teams at or above .500. I like Cinci's chances this year!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby zombiez » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:08 am

The O Line had the injury plague last year.......and dont look for the pass happy offense to be back.........signing Duce I think shows that cowher wants to go back to his old school approach......and dont look for a rbbc going on.........last year amos had the starting job handed to him, and couldnt step up.........so they gave it back to Bettis.......and he had a respectable season for only being the starter half the year........Staley will be the starter and the Bus will be a back up
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:12 am

moochman wrote:Duce is actually a real good option for short yardage, so the sooned the Bus gets a flat the better. I didn't htink the Lions would be able to offer him enough to nab him. He should excel if the Stillers can get healthy on the O-line.
Will famous Amos end up in Detroit, Dallas, or ???

I heard on WDVE radio out of Pittsburgh that the Lions actually offered Staley more but he decided he would much rather play for Pittsburgh and the Steelers offer was close enough to what he was looking for. It's not all about the money after all.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Roseman » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:54 am

I like this move for both Duce's fantasy value and the Pitt Offense. Duce's presence should also have an effect on Ward Burress and Maddox. I can see Bettis getting the boot or becomeing the #3 back. Duce is also a power runner with Amos being an effective change of pace back and Bettis pulling up the rear.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Strider » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:56 am

this is a good move for pitt since we all know bettis is past his prime and staley i think has a lot left in him
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:57 pm

Roseman wrote:I like this move for both Duce's fantasy value and the Pitt Offense. Duce's presence should also have an effect on Ward Burress and Maddox. I can see Bettis getting the boot or becomeing the #3 back. Duce is also a power runner with Amos being an effective change of pace back and Bettis pulling up the rear.

couple prblems rose. first, we already resigned bettis. 2, we released amos ;-)

now we can all sigh :-° and look at signing a QB, OL, or CB. If we get Couch, our first pick will be Shane Andrews, since gallery should be gone, and in the 2nd, we should get a CB. If they dont get couch, id look for them to trade up to get eli or ben, or just get rivers. ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk