Where does Dallas go from here? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where does Dallas go from here?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:32 pm

Lushcrush wrote:Is Domanick Rhodes been re-signed at Indy yet? Not a bad scatback that was a RFA last time I looked. He might work at Dallas ... the guy has really never had that many touches at Indy (like over the length of a season). Might surprise ...

He did really well when Edge was injured a few years ago (wasn't it about 1200 yards and 10 TDs?). Anyway, I don't think the Colts receive any draft picks as compensation for another team signing him, I think they can only match the offer. I'm surprised he hasn't received more attention...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Dallas

Postby recmccl » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:00 pm

I'm wondering WTF too. Dallas has all this cap space and they're not doing anything. What's up. Dallas is heading for the Toilet Bowl not the Super Bowl.
recmccl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:21 pm

Man let it play out a little bit before you guys jump down their thoats. Lots of things can still happen. They will address the RB situation in the draft, they've addressed the DE problem, lots of CBs still out there (and if Law is available how sweet would that be), OL can be had in the draft, and lets see what happens with the QB situation. Maybe Couch will be coming over to compete. I'm not too concerned just yet. Lots of things to be done but lots of time to do them. Remember alot of things happen on draft day.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Strider » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:08 am

dallas could seriously use dillon cause they have a good o-line and dillon is a very good rb
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:24 pm

I don't think Dillon's attitude would fit in well with Parcells. That being said if Dillon came over for a couple years I think the Cowboys could groom the RB they pick in the draft before just throwing him out into the lions den.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:03 pm

I think Dillon would fit in very well with Parcells. Parcells likes to be able to control the clock with a running back that can just smash into defenses. Dillon is that kind of RB. His attitude might be a problem initially, but I think Parcells has cracked tougher nuts. In my opinion, Dallas needs to upgrade their offense firstly, QB, RB, and WR.

QB: They got Drew Henson, however if they're only grooming him, that's no good. Quincy Carter isnt taking them anywhere anytime soon. Billy Volek is still hanging around though.

RB: Get Dillon. Priority number one. If he's not available check out Antwoin Smith, or even Garrison Hearst. Either way, get a veteran who can pound the ball for 2-3 years tops, and try to draft a premier RB in the 1st round.

WR: Keyshawn still looks to be their best chance at upgrading. D'wayne Bates just got released I believe, he's another possibility.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:17 pm

maddog60 wrote:I think Dillon would fit in very well with Parcells. Parcells likes to be able to control the clock with a running back that can just smash into defenses. Dillon is that kind of RB. His attitude might be a problem initially, but I think Parcells has cracked tougher nuts. In my opinion, Dallas needs to upgrade their offense firstly, QB, RB, and WR.

QB: They got Drew Henson, however if they're only grooming him, that's no good. Quincy Carter isnt taking them anywhere anytime soon. Billy Volek is still hanging around though.

RB: Get Dillon. Priority number one. If he's not available check out Antwoin Smith, or even Garrison Hearst. Either way, get a veteran who can pound the ball for 2-3 years tops, and try to draft a premier RB in the 1st round.

WR: Keyshawn still looks to be their best chance at upgrading. D'wayne Bates just got released I believe, he's another possibility.

Yeah Dillon's style would fit in nicely but I'm not sure Dillon's attitude would. And it's true Parcells has cracked tougher nuts. And it is possible Dillon would respect Parcells like so many other players do (just look at all the former players that want to play for him.) Dillon would be nice to have for a couple years. But I disagree with Smith or Hearst. May as well have kept Emmitt.

The Cowboys would be much better with a receiever like Keyshawn. They need a big physical receiver to go in the middle and grab balls. Bates can't do that so I think he'd be usless.

As for QB I'd go for couch. He's still young and has proven he can play for spurts in the league. So maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

We also need a CB. Go for Bobby Taylor!!!!!!!!! Or maybe draft one in the second.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Grooming?

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:33 pm

I'm willing to bet that Henson will be playing QB my mid season. For losing teams, there's no such thing as 'grooming' QBs.

I have to believe the Boys will make some kind of move at RB, and it can only be an improvement :)
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Re: Grooming?

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:37 pm

DraftDodger wrote:I'm willing to bet that Henson will be playing QB my mid season. For losing teams, there's no such thing as 'grooming' QBs.

I have to believe the Boys will make some kind of move at RB, and it can only be an improvement :)

10-6 isn't what I'd call a losing team. Granted their division and strength of schedule is going to be a lot harder this year, I think they essentially need to keep up with the arms race in the NFC east. Eagles upgraded D. Line, and WR. Skins upgraded RB and QB. The Cowboys need to do something or they're going to be overwhelmed, and stuck fighting it out for 3rd place with the Giants.

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk