Is Dillon Destined For Oakland? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Dillon Destined For Oakland?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Josh Weed » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:47 am

he is very talented, what he did in cinci on those teams is very impressive, I just have a feeling that until the raiders start spending their money a little more wisely, strengthen their defense some and get younger, they are going to suck and it is a place where good players are going to disapear.
Josh Weed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:19 am

I don't care where he goes, just as long as wherever he is he's the feature - it'll be another RB that can be drafted a little later than the top 20 or so which can allow me to get a stud receiver in the first two rounds! ;-D

I wouldn't mind having Dillon as long as he can stay relatively healthy - the dude had some great numbers on some bad Bengal teams. Hopefully he wouldn't be a locker room downer if the team he winds up in tanks horribly.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Strider » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:13 am

pmix wrote:Please, Please, Please, Please Al Davis. Make this deal.

Dillon is in a FF wasteland in Cincy. And I need him for my Dynasty league.

yea me toooooo
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ender_ffc » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:13 am

Bengals nearing trade for Dillon
Cincinnati pushing for second-round draft pick

By Mark Curnutte
The Cincinnati Enquirer

Corey Dillon could be an ex-Bengal within 48 hours.

The Bengals and Raiders are nearing an agreement on a trade that would send Dillon to Oakland in exchange for a draft pick, most likely in the third or fourth round, multiple sources close to the situation said on Wednesday.

The Bengals are believed to be pushing for a second-round pick, though the Raiders are unlikely to budge from their position.

The Bengals are not commenting further on efforts to trade Dillon, the seven-year veteran running back who has asked to be traded or released.

The Raiders, who need an every-down running back, had hoped to re-sign Charlie Garner. Instead, Garner signed a multi-year deal Tuesday with Tampa Bay, increasing the Raiders' urgency to acquire Dillon.

Oakland is left with 32-year-old Tyrone Wheatley and the injury-Justin Fargas in the backfield.

Steven Feldman, Dillon's agent, did not return a phone message Wednesday.

Also on Wednesday, the Denver Broncos emerged as a second possible trading partner for Dillon.
Ender_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk