George has minor ankle surgery - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tennessee Titans

George has minor ankle surgery

Moderator: Football Moderators

George has minor ankle surgery

Postby WebHamster » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:00 pm

Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Tennessee Titans star running back Eddie George underwent minor surgery on his left ankle and will wear a protective boot for at least two weeks.

According to the online version of The Tennessean, George suffered the injury during Tennessee's 20-17 playoff win over the Baltimore Ravens on January 3. George also had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee following the end of the 2003 campaign.

According to Titans head coach Jeff Fisher, George had a minor procedure done last week to clean out the ankle. Fisher also stated that there was no tear or fracture.

The Ohio State product recorded 1,031 yards and five touchdowns in 2003.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:01 pm

Hopefully he wont get injured this year, plus this shows his interest in lengthening his career. I grabbed him in a keeper league so i sure could use him ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Play Maker » Wed May 12, 2004 10:29 pm

George is turning 31 this year and with surgery he should have another 3-5 years left in the tank, but as it gets closer to 35 the more his numbers gonna decline and speed as well.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Canacuna » Wed May 12, 2004 10:41 pm

Play Maker wrote:George is turning 31 this year and with surgery he should have another 3-5 years left in the tank, but as it gets closer to 35 the more his numbers gonna decline and speed as well.

That's fairly optimistic, methinks. George has been in a steady decline for a while now. He doesn't seem like someone who would continue playing without being able to offer anything (*cough*EmmittSmith*cough*). But then again, I thought this one guy (*cough*EmmittSmith*cough*) wouldn't mind retiring with some pride - so I could be wrong about George.

I may be wrong about his decline, though. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to Tennessee's games (as they are rarely televised 'round here), but they seem to have turned into a more pass oriented team than the running team they were a few years ago from what I can gather. Maybe an offensive shift is what caused his decline. He looked pretty good against Baltimore...

...Pure speculation on my part - I probably shouldn't have even made this post...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Return to Tennessee Titans