Streets a Lion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Streets a Lion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Streets a Lion

Postby Flux » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:57 pm

March 10, 2004
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- Receiver Tai Streets signed a one-year contract with the Detroit Lions on Wednesday.

The unrestricted free agent will be reunited with Steve Mariucci, who coached Streets in San Francisco.

``He's familiar with Steve and his system,'' Lions president Matt Millen said. ``He's had success. He upgrades us and gives us a big kid who runs well. He's healthy, and we're excited to get him.''

In five seasons with the 49ers, the former Michigan standout had 168 receptions for 2,008 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Streets started 16 games last season and caught 47 passes for 595 yards and seven TDs. In 2002, he had 72 receptions for 756 yards and five TDs.

He likely will start alongside Charles Rogers -- who had an injury-shortened rookie season last year -- and Az-Zahir Hakim.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Sandwich » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:02 pm

Good news for the Lions I think. I like this guy as a # 3 or so receiver. I also think it gives another nice option to Harrington and takes a little pressure off of Rogers. Now they need a running game, O-line, Defense...
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kashikis » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:04 pm

This certainly can't hurt the Lions next year. Knowing the system will help Rogers grow a little faster too, since he missed part of last year.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:10 pm

Nice pick-up by the Lions. Im glad he has a job, I drafted him as a sleeper in my keeper league. I heard reports of the Lions drafting yet another WR, but now I think they are better just to look somewhere else. ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:56 pm

wow...the 49ers lost TO and Streets? Who in the world are they going to pass to?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:58 pm

deftdelivery wrote:wow...the 49ers lost TO and Streets? Who in the world are they going to pass to?

lloyd, wilson, maybe battle will get into the battle :-)
it should turn out to be interesting, but as of now id say lloyd is the main guy, though battle has major potential
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:59 pm

good job Lions ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby The Lung » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:11 pm

Justin McCariens and now Tai Streets are the top sleeper picks of 2004 so far, imo. This signing does improve Charles Rogers' stock, as well as Hakim's, whose fantasy value rises somewhat from its previous value of zero. (Although I must admit that I picked up Hakim for a WR/TE flex spot in a 12-team league late last year; hey, he did have 4 TDs in the last seven games of the season!)

As mentioned by Sandwich, the Lions need a running back and an established running game before I start drafting these guys any higher though. In my draft, Rogers is a solid 2nd WR and Streets a 3rd WR. Hakim is a bench pick-up after the draft for injury insurance or bye week fill-in.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:31 pm

i dont think Streets is all that great. He played opposite of TO who sees all the coverage and put very very mediocre numbers. Now he's opposite a less lethal Charles Rogers being thrown to from harrington. Not a bad move but not a real difference maker IMO.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Homeless » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:39 pm

Bad move for SF, given they lost TO, but nice move by mooch and the Lions.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Next

Return to Football Talk