Leave it to the Saints - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leave it to the Saints

Moderator: Football Moderators

Leave it to the Saints

Postby IrishStout » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:45 am

I can't believe that the Saints let Terrell Smith go to the Browns!! We didn't have a 1k rusher for years until he came on board. I hope they have a plan, my bet is that they will take a fullback in the first round now :-o
IrishStout
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:16 am

Are the Saints still in the NFL? With all this attention on the teams trying to make improvements during the offseason, I thought the league contracted them.

It seems they do next to nothing every year and expect fans to think they are getting better. No wonder Kyle Turley had less than kind words to say about them after he left in 2002.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Leave it to the Saints

Postby slowkidz » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:16 am

IrishStout wrote:I can't believe that the Saints let Terrell Smith go to the Browns!! We didn't have a 1k rusher for years until he came on board. I hope they have a plan, my bet is that they will take a fullback in the first round now :-o

Woohoo!!! And I couldn't be happier!!! :-b

We've been needing a leading blocker on this team for awhile!! I'm sick of the way they try to use our TEs as blocking machines. Those guys couldn't block a plastic bag in a light breeze. It'll be interesting to see what happens now with Smith in front of Green/Suggs. Especially if we can land Gallery or another Oline FA somewhere. I'm starting to get excited for the season to start!!!!! Go Browns!!!! hehehe ;-D ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby IrishStout » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:06 am

The Saints made signing their own free agents their biggest priority this offseason. To this point they have done a great job in doing so, however not resigning Smith seems like a poor move to me. Being a Saints fan, I have to believe that they have someone in house already to fill his shoes, or already have their eye on someone in the draft or free agency. But, being a Saints fan I also have to think, here we go again. The Browns definately got an upgrade.
IrishStout
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Sandwich » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:33 pm

Talk about a team I haven't heard a peep out of so far this off season. I am with the King, I thought these guys were out of the league.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Roseman » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:00 pm

Losing Smith will not help McAllister's value heres hoping the Saints can replace him.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:11 pm

If they are looking to draft a fullback, Lousaka Polite from Pitt is probably as good as they'll find in that respect.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby sinnlos26 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:17 pm

with sandwich and king, havent heard much about them :-?
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:00 pm

Yea this hurts Deuce's value, although not by much, from what I saw they ran a lot of singleback sets this year. Is Judd Davies from Nebraska in this year's draft? If he is, he's probably one of the top FBs.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joester » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:40 pm

I dunno how much longer I can take it. We are something liek 12 million under the cap or something and we dont pursue big name Defensive players. I hate Tom Benson. I hate Jim Haslett. I hate Aaron "Fumblerewski" Brooks. The only reasons I still like the Saints is that I live in Louisiana, Deuce McAllister, and joe Horn.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk