wtf dolphins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

wtf dolphins

Moderator: Football Moderators

wtf dolphins

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:02 am

I know there are many posts about how stupid the dolphins are, but have they made any offers to any o-linemen as of late? I know they have one signing, and one who didnt pass his physical, but what about guys like Orlando Brown and Ephraim Salaam?

Why dont they worry about them instead of Boston? You can have all the great QBs, RBs, and WRs in the world but if you only have 1 second to make a play you are screwed.

What a bunch of pooheads
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Strider » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:07 am

lol i remember sayin the same thing about the vikings but then they went on a signing spree and i am happy
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:13 am

Obviously they're saving their money for that richly deserved contract extention for Feeley.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby DUKE » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:47 am

they are discussing this matter in the front office. Read the Dolphin comedy act that was posted. :-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby quicktrailer » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:52 am

they are waiting remember if they have a threat from the air there o line will not have to be as good as years before. Williams will command attention but he can make his own holes as well.
To compete is to understand life!
quicktrailer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:16 pm

quicktrailer wrote:they are waiting remember if they have a threat from the air there o line will not have to be as good as years before. Williams will command attention but he can make his own holes as well.

At this point their O-line is worse than it was last year. On numerous occassions Fiedler didn't even have time to throw. It doesn't matter who your WRs are if you dont at least get time to set yourself.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:29 pm

LOL

Feeley

ROFLOL

Oh God I needed that!

Friendliness: %

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:53 pm

quicktrailer wrote:they are waiting remember if they have a threat from the air there o line will not have to be as good as years before. Williams will command attention but he can make his own holes as well.

Williams cant do that considering between the lineman are the holes, but he can sure take advantage of them when the pop up. And trust me, you need a good line even if you can pass. the steeler's line sucked cause they were injured, and they could sure as hell pass it, but they went nowhere. Luckily, the phins can run, but the o-line HAS to be good no matter what. if you have no o-line you cant run, then the teams wil drop back in cover and you cant pass it, or if you cant pass it cause you get sacked, you get blitzed like mad.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:59 pm

Trust me when i say the oline is the most pathetic piece of trash in Miami but I also must add that the addition of David Boston would do two things

1- Take some stress of the run game as there are constantly 9 men in the box and with the combination of chambers and boston you probably have the best young wr duo in the league

2- You get another gamebreaker to add to Ricky and Chambers which instantly makes your offense deadly

Of course there is a problem if you have no o-line for pass protection but u need less than a second to get Boston the ball on a slant and he takes it the distance.

Make no mistake I want an oline more than anyone for the fins because Ricky is gonna get killed by someone just coming clean unblocked like what happened numerous times this year but Boston would be a solid addition.

And flux I was wondering what lineman failed the physical?

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:17 pm

To answer your question...

March 9, 2004 5:50 PM ET
Dolphins: McIntosh fails physical

The News
After agreeing to a six-year contract worth a reported $21 million, offensive tackle Damion McIntosh failed a physical with his hometown Dolphins due to ankle problems. ''Saturday, he had the preliminary exam and everything seemed fine,'' general manager Rick Spielman told the Miami Herald. "Today, we finalized the physical and when we were finalizing the physical…Something came up and it's an issue we continue to work through right now.''
Our View
Spielman remained optimistic that the team will work something out with McIntosh, meaning they'll likely settle on something less than the $21 million they had previously earmarked. Miami would prefer not to invest in damaged goods, but after losing Todd Wade to Houston and missing out on free agents John Tait and Damien Woody, they are desperate for offensive line help.

Im not saying that boston wouldnt greatly benefit the dolphins, but there is only so much money to go around at this point. I don't know if they can even afford boston by himself unless they restructure his contract which im not sure boston is willing to do. Ricky is the future of this team and organization, if they dont protect him they are royaly screwed. I personally would think it would be great if they could sign boston for a lesser amount, then cut fiedler and pick up an Orlando Brown type who is just massive and takes up space. Don't get me wrong, I think fiedler is a viable QB and has done a pretty good job, but I don't see him as their future
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Football Talk