Rumor: Denver wants Dillon - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumor: Denver wants Dillon

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rumor: Denver wants Dillon

Postby clkndgr » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:49 pm

I know Dillon has been rumored to go just about everywhere in the league, but according to ESPN's Insider, "Denver Dangling Second-Round Pick".

As a Denver fan, I'd just stick with what they got and perhaps draft a new rb.
clkndgr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:57 pm

saw that too, and insider won't let you copy and paste the articles. It looks as if Oakland and Denver both are after him and mutually don't want him going to a division rival. As a Bengal fan, a second rounder would be very sweet. I'm also hearing some things about Gardener being very unhappy in Denver and wanting to come to Cincy. I think Corey will be either a Raider or Bronco by weekend.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:59 pm

WHERE ART THOU DALLAS??!?!?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:02 pm

if dillon goes to denver i will be in my happy place. they all thought i was crazy drafting him 2nd round, oh they thought i was crazy! ill show them now!! B-)
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:05 pm

DUKE wrote:saw that too, and insider won't let you copy and paste the articles. It looks as if Oakland and Denver both are after him and mutually don't want him going to a division rival. As a Bengal fan, a second rounder would be very sweet. I'm also hearing some things about Gardener being very unhappy in Denver and wanting to come to Cincy. I think Corey will be either a Raider or Bronco by weekend.

I dont know if you meant Gardener would be involved in a trade or not, but...

-- Gardener to be Set Free --
Thu Mar 11, 2004 --

The Denver Post reports DT Daryl Gardener's Broncos career and a hearing to resolve his financial dispute with the team ended Wednesday without the need of an arbitrator. The Broncos walked away with a rebate of some portion of the $3 million signing bonus they paid Gardener a year ago, and the talented but troubled defensive tackle walked away with his freedom. The Broncos promised to release Gardener on June 2, but granted him permission to shop for a new team now as if he already were a free agent. The teams expected to show the most interest in Gardener are the Washington Redskins and Cincinnati Bengals.

So basically he's already a FA
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:39 pm

I think that shanahan is doing this mostly to drive up the price because he knew the raiders were trying to get him.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cupertino_11 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:48 pm

steelyeri wrote:I think that shanahan is doing this mostly to drive up the price because he knew the raiders were trying to get him.

You could be right. I don't see Dillon and Anderson being that much different. Why spend a second rounder on another griper when they just traded one away?

I think Dillon goes to Oakland.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sakrafyce » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:58 am

steelyeri wrote:I think that shanahan is doing this mostly to drive up the price because he knew the raiders were trying to get him.

I agree with you, as a Dillon owner. Im fine with either team. But of course, Denver would be ideal.
Sakrafyce
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby CC » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:50 pm

Football Newbie wrote:if dillon goes to denver i will be in my happy place. they all thought i was crazy drafting him 2nd round, oh they thought i was crazy! ill show them now!! B-)

No offence but you are crazy for drafting him in the second round.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:01 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Football Newbie wrote:if dillon goes to denver i will be in my happy place. they all thought i was crazy drafting him 2nd round, oh they thought i was crazy! ill show them now!! B-)

No offence but you are crazy for drafting him in the second round.

Agreed... Why take him in the second when he most definitely would have slid WAY lower..... :-t

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk