Rumor: Denver wants Dillon - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumor: Denver wants Dillon

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:55 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Football Newbie wrote:if dillon goes to denver i will be in my happy place. they all thought i was crazy drafting him 2nd round, oh they thought i was crazy! ill show them now!! B-)

No offence but you are crazy for drafting him in the second round.

Agreed... Why take him in the second when he most definitely would have slid WAY lower..... :-t

Not necessarily, every draft I've done he's gone early 3rd in 12 and 14 team leagues. So if you had a mid/late 1st rounder, he wouldn't be there by your 3rd rounder. And if you have an early 1st rounder, then late 2nd is almost the 3rd anyhow..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:06 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Football Newbie wrote:if dillon goes to denver i will be in my happy place. they all thought i was crazy drafting him 2nd round, oh they thought i was crazy! ill show them now!! B-)

No offence but you are crazy for drafting him in the second round.

Agreed... Why take him in the second when he most definitely would have slid WAY lower..... :-t

Not necessarily, every draft I've done he's gone early 3rd in 12 and 14 team leagues. So if you had a mid/late 1st rounder, he wouldn't be there by your 3rd rounder. And if you have an early 1st rounder, then late 2nd is almost the 3rd anyhow..

thank you bagel, yeah he was a late 2nd rounder for me.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sakrafyce » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:32 pm

With the latest rumors, i've seen him going anywhere from 1.12-2.05. ;-D
Sakrafyce
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby pmix » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:38 pm

I snagged Dillon 4.01 in a 12 team dynasty league (figure he drops some due to it being a dynasty league). This was before all the juicey rumors were going around. If he goes to Oakland or Denver, he'll be a great Flex position player behind Faulk and Dom Davis. Heck if he ends up in Denver he could be my most productive RB.

I'm happy as a Lark.
I'M A CERTIFIED 'SPECIAL MASTER'
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:40 pm

Cupertino_11 wrote:
steelyeri wrote:I think that shanahan is doing this mostly to drive up the price because he knew the raiders were trying to get him.

You could be right. I don't see Dillon and Anderson being that much different. Why spend a second rounder on another griper when they just traded one away?

I think Dillon goes to Oakland.

Dillon is different from anderson because he actually has some speed... But I most definetly think he is going to Oak Town

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:53 pm

Sakrafyce wrote:With the latest rumors, i've seen him going anywhere from 1.12-2.05. ;-D

You've seen Dillon going in the 1st round? And no later than mid 2nd? Please, tell me what leagues these are. I'd like to become a member.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:09 pm

Sakrafyce wrote:With the latest rumors, i've seen him going anywhere from 1.12-2.05. ;-D

You've seen Dillon going in the 1st round? And no later than mid 2nd? Please, tell me what leagues these are. I'd like to become a member.

People buy into that so called Denver RB system.

Players make the system, not vice versa...
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:09 am

KingGhidra wrote:

While that may hold some merit in certain cases, in this case it's difficult to back. You could say that it's a combination of the two, but to say the players make the system when they've got a guy like Olandis Gary going for 1300+ yards in that system, then going to a different one and not being able to crack 600 yards, it deeply hurts that theory.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby terpfan » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:11 am

Free Bagel wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

While that may hold some merit in certain cases, in this case it's difficult to back. You could say that it's a combination of the two, but to say the players make the system when they've got a guy like Olandis Gary going for 1300+ yards in that system, then going to a different one and not being able to crack 600 yards, it deeply hurts that theory.

system or not... denver has better players than detroit. so does washington.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:12 am

Free Bagel wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

You could say that it's a combination of the two, but to say the players make the system when they've got a guy like Olandis Gary going for 1300+ yards in that system

In his best season, Gary got a little over 1100 yards.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk