Wiley to Dallas... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wiley to Dallas...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wiley to Dallas...

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:08 pm

Yahoo! Sports wrote:Pass-rushing defensive end Marcellus Wiley signed with the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday, getting a $16 million, four-year deal that includes a $4.5 million bonus.

Source: Cowboys sign DE Wiley for $16 million, four years
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:12 pm

GEEZ! Lets just improve the defense parcells! its not good enough! but really, your offense is amazing don do anything to it !+)

fine by me though i hate dallas :-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Roseman » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:55 pm

Ya I have to agree I think making the defense better isnt really a priority right now. A qb and a rb sould be at the top of the list
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:57 pm

QB, RB, RT, CB, and pass rusher were all major needs for Dallas, this fills one of them.

Weird thing, ESPN News reported this deal on "The hot list" as 4 years $41 million, I couldn't believe it, and apparently shouldn't have as the deal is actually 4 years $16 million. Seems like a major error on ESPN News' part.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:31 pm

Cowboys will be looking at Couch if/when released, that is for sure. Another thing is the NFL Draft. They will target one of three backs. Kevin Jones, Stephan Jackson and Greg Jones. Whomever they select will shoot up the FF rookie rankings. I'm talking a top 5 rookie and top 18 RB ranking.

Last month guru's thought that the Steelers would draft a RB, now they have Staley. Then they said the Bucs would go RB, now they have Charlie Garner. Then they said the Bears would draft a RB, now they have Thomas Jones with Thomas. At one time they said the Redskins would.... now they have Portis.

Point is that for the top 3 RB's it is getting easier to target were these boys are going. Patriots and Cowboys at picks #21 and #22. Good Stuff.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby goforit » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:40 am

NittanyLions wrote:GEEZ! Lets just improve the defense parcells! its not good enough! but really, your offense is amazing don do anything to it !+)

fine by me though i hate dallas :-)

we signed him to replace ekubean (dont know how 2 spell his name) who we just released. If wiely can go back to his 13 sack form this could be a steal.Now only if we could get sapp and resign edwards the our d will be greatly improved. Im pretty sure now were drafting an rb in the draft now.
goforit
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:37 am

Yeah I think the 'Boys will be taking a hard look at Couch now. The Hensen trade confused me a bit. I mean don't they have a few young unproven QBs already? But I guess he impressed enough to have them sign him. I'd really like couch to come to the 'Boys and get Keyshawn over here too. With a RB from the draft that would give the 'Boys a pretty decent offence. And the Wiley signing wasn't bad. They needed a pass rushing DE. They got it. Their D wasn't as good as the numbers would show last year and it showed in the playoffs.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk