Latest Dillon Buzz - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Latest Dillon Buzz

Moderator: Football Moderators

Latest Dillon Buzz

Postby The Sandwich » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:52 am

John Clayton of ESPN was on the radio out here in Seattle yesterday. He said that the move for Dillon from Cinn to Oak was pretty much a done deal. The two sides and agent have agreed to everything with one exception. The GM from Cinn wants too high of a draft pick for Dillon. Once Lewis kicks his ass over the weekend, this thing will be done. Could be any day now but for sure by early next week.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelyeri » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:17 pm

i really really hope that is true. thanks for the update. ;-D

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:24 pm

I still can't decide if I would rather have him in Denver or Oakland :-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:37 pm

Flux wrote:I still can't decide if I would rather have him in Denver or Oakland :-o

he would probably do better in denver than anywhere else. but the raider's O line will be much better than cincy's this season.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:53 pm

I believe that would really up the value of Dillon if he is the full time starter in Oakland. He might be worth something then. No RBBC hopefully in Oakland. Dillon still has a little left in the tank and he really is the perfect nasty Raider. Plus Rudi now moves up into the top 15 RB's and is a true sleeper.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mannubhai » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:58 pm

NFLknowitall wrote: Plus Rudi now moves up into the top 15 RB's and is a true sleeper.

Rudi - top 15 agreed..sleeper no way...
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JrcWy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:21 pm

Don't look for a huge start from Rudi with a rookie taking snaps. Until Palmer gets a chance to get his feet under him, teams know to stop Rudi. He is a good runner and will do fine this year, but don;t be stupid and start picking him over your Green, LT, and Stephen Davis backs.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Sandwich » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:51 pm

I think Dillon will do better in either system compared to Cinn. Denver has a better O line and Shanahan makes probowlers out of every RB he touches. I think the Raiders are in the tank for a few more years but it is still a better option for him then Cinn.

Actually I have thought that the move out of Cinn is a few years too late for him. Wish he had done it 4 years ago.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:34 pm

mannubhai wrote:
NFLknowitall wrote: Plus Rudi now moves up into the top 15 RB's and is a true sleeper.

Rudi - top 15 agreed..sleeper no way...

What I mean by "Sleeper" in that comment is that I believe that Rudi is capiable of being a top 7 RB in FF.

Every year 4 of the top 10 RB's fall out of the top 10. It's the FF GM to find out who those new 4 will be in that top 10. That way your 2nd tier RB will be a true 1st if you can pick the right fella.

There are different degrees of "Sleepers", I believe this is one.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:54 pm

Rudi will be let loose :-)
Good move by OAK (if it goes through)...but id MUCH rather see him in denver, and i also think hed do better there ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk