Boston to Miami this weekend? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boston to Miami this weekend?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Boston to Miami this weekend?

Postby TTTBone » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:24 pm

Mar. 12 - The Dolphins reportedly have moved closer to sealing a deal to acquire volatile receiver Boston from the Chargers, who want to move him before Monday, when he's due a $3 million roster bonus. Miami is Boston's first choice because he would be reunited with Dolphins receivers coach Jerry Sullivan, with whom Boston worked in Arizona.

Tampa Bay GM Bruce Allen told the Tampa Tribune, "We are not a player in the David Boston sweepstakes." He was referring to a report in the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday that indicated the Bucs had inquired about Boston's availability. Other teams said to be interested are the Raiders, 49ers and Ravens.

If the Chargers can't trade Boston or re-work the seven-year, $47 million contract he signed a year ago by Monday, they could release him.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:13 pm

I guess I'm in the minority here thinking San Diego is moronic for getting rid of Boston. He was the only credible threat on offense besides LT. Their o-line was to blame for their poor passing game, definitely not Boston. When Schott turned the reigns over to the crafty veteran Flutie, their offense clicked a lot better and Boston's numbers were much better. I'll reserve judgement on whether to blame Brees just yet, but my priority in SD would be getting a stud o-line on the field.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:17 pm

This would be good to give AJ some weapons...but i agree i think SD is making a mistake here :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:36 pm

I'm not sure if this is neccesarily good for Boston fantasy-wise.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:24 pm

Yea, I agree that SD is making a mistake. Boston is a hugely talented WR that could excel with a good QB. Brees is the problem here, and I think the move will be good for Boston, reuniting him with the man who made him great, Jerry Sullivan.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:38 pm

Ditto Cheesehead, Jerry Sullivan is one of the top 3 WR coaches in the NFL if not the best

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:56 am

What the hell do you do with Boston? Hugh reciever with hugh skills, but a knucklehead. I would try to keep him because he and Gates would be a mammoth tandem and they need a security blanket for whoever is the QB. The thought of a Chambers/Boston pairing is scary. Now if the Phins{ can dump Wannstedt and get a modern coach...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Homeless » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:42 am

I agree with what others have said above, bad move for the Chargers. I think its a case of big name signing. The dolphins have to be seen as doing something. Boston wont help them without a decent QB at the helm.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:00 pm

Just read that this deal is getting closer to being done and could be final Monday.

Chambers started to shine at points last year in a somewhat lackluster passing game...will this move help or hinder his improvement?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:24 pm

I think this just helps Ricky's cause. I don't know what kind of QB Feely will turn out to be but you have to think defenses will have to back off with Chambers and Boston to contest with on the outside. The dolphins will need some O-line help though. Seems like they are losing quite a few guys and not doing much at this point to replace them.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk