dallas gets henson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

dallas gets henson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:38 am

Yeah, nice grab by Dallas. They still need some offensive pieces for the puzzle (like a running back). I bet Henson gets a few games to start this year. Parcells loves that Simms-like accuracy that Henson could give him. The receiving corps can be very deadly when used well also. I'm not a fan of Dallas at all, but I'm sure this gives the fans some hope for their offense in the near future.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:44 am

I'm not sold on Drew Henson just yet, but I trust Bill Parcells knows how to judge talent - I'll trust him up until the point he announces Troy Hambrick as 2004's starting RB for the Cowboys - if a catastrophic event such as that happens to occur, consider me aboard the Parcells hate train.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Parcells 3 year plan

Postby Daddymike59 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:00 am

Ditto to Canacuna. If Hambone is his Running Back for the year it doesn't matter who is taking the snaps cause no team is going to respect the run with that tub of lard carrying the ball.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby goforit » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:27 am

My new nickname for drew is draw lol hopefully he'll do better than the other baseball players we have currently.
goforit
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:20 am

This could be great or a total bust. Henson has great talent and excelled in a skills exhibit earlier this year. The doubt that I have is in his dedication and toughness. He did give up football to play the game he loves, then quits that once he doesn't get immediate results. If he can't dedicate himself to the game he loves, how will he do with the game he doesn't love? Also it seems to me that he left football, in part, because he didn't like the physicality of it. Translation: he didn't like to get hit.
He may lack the mental and physical toughness to excel at football. I hope I'm wrong because he does have great skills, but then again since he's playing for the Cowboys he couldn't suck bad enough. :-#

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Azrael » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:36 pm

I can't figure what the big deal is about Henson. He hasn't played ball in like 3 or 4 years and I vaguely remember him being the QB at Michigan. What's all the hubub about some guy who had an ok college career, hasn't played football in awhile, and has never really proven anything?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:26 pm

Average college career? He was the pre-season favorite for the heisman trophy the year he declared for the yankees, and was projected as the top QB and probably a top 3 pick overall.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby terpfan » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:38 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Average college career? He was the pre-season favorite for the heisman trophy the year he declared for the yankees, and was projected as the top QB and probably a top 3 pick overall.

that was before he put down the football... i dont doubt he has promise, but im not shaking in my boots just yet. i do think dallas got a good deal for him though.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:48 pm

terpfan wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Average college career? He was the pre-season favorite for the heisman trophy the year he declared for the yankees, and was projected as the top QB and probably a top 3 pick overall.

that was before he put down the football... i dont doubt he has promise, but im not shaking in my boots just yet. i do think dallas got a good deal for him though.

I have the same concerns, I was actually directing that more at Azrael's comments of "I vaguely remember him being a QB at Michigan" and having "an average college career."
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:50 pm

How can you say that? He played one year where he threw for 2,100 yards and 18 TDs, big deal. I guess the talent pool was down that year, as evidenced by Crouch winning the Heisman.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk